Orion Group (recruitment company)
|Industry||Manpower Supply - Recruitment|
Number of locations
Number of employees
|Divisions||Oil & Gas, Rail, Construction, IT & Telecoms, Rail, Office & Commercial, Mining, Renewable Energy, Power & Utilities|
Orion Group is an international recruitment business working across a number of industry sectors. The company provides permanent and contract staff to organisations across the world.
The group employs more than 310 staff throughout their 57 worldwide offices.
In 1987, Orion Group was established by Chairman Alan Savage, providing personnel to the rig construction yards of McDermott at Ardersier and Highland Fabricators at Nigg. During the late ’80s and ’90s, Orion built strong relationships with key clients, requiring the company to open new offices in the UK and at various international hubs.
In 2001 a JV was established in Kazakhstan as Orion opened their second regional office in the Caspian, operations commenced in Nigeria in 2003 and offices were opened in various locations which included London (2002), Houston (2003), Doha (2005), Singapore (2005), Canada (2006) along with continual development in Papua New Guinea. In addition to this, in 2006 Orion Completions and Commissioning Management Services (OCCMS) was established with the launch of their completions software product Orbit.
Orion Group was awarded the British Safety Council’s Sword of Honour in 2011 and 2012. These awards joined other business awards including Entrepreneur of the Year in 2007, the Queen's Award for Enterprise in 2009 and Service Sector Leader 2010 for Alan Savage at the Scottish Leadership Awards. In 2011, Orion Group was ranked as the number one recruitment company in Scotland and number seventeen in the UK and in 2012 again ranked as the number one in Scotland and number fifteen in the UK.
- Engineering (Oil & Gas) Jobs
- Construction Jobs
- Industrial (Power & Utilities) Jobs
- Mining Jobs
- Rail Jobs
- Aerospace Jobs
- IT & Telecoms Jobs
- Office & Commercial Jobs
- , Overview.
- BBC news (22 January 2012), Inverness manpower firm Orion clinches £100m deal.
- About Orion, Orion Jobs.
- Orion Overview, Orion Jobs.
- Orion Locations - Nigeria, Orion Jobs.
- Orion Locations - Qatar, Orion Jobs.
- Orion Locations - Singapore, Orion Jobs.
- Inverness Courier (6 December 2011), Orion set for Papua New Guinea turnover boost.
- "Orbit Project Completion Management & Handover Software | A web based Completions Management System (database) to manage your project in real-time, latest Microsoft .Net and iOS technology.". www.orbit-cms.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- Recruitment International, Orion Group Win Safety Council Sword of Honour.
- Britsafe, British Safety Council Sword of Honour Winners 2012.
- Scotsman (14 June 2007), Savage takes entrepreneur prize.
- Your Oil & Gas News (21 April 2009), Orion Group Receives Prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
- Energy North (12 December 2010), Orion Group Chairman wins Leadership Award.
- Orion Group - Caley Italy, Orion Group - Caley Italy.
- Orion Group - News (27 Sept 2012), Orion Group Ranks no15 in UK Recruitment League Table.
- Press & Journal (12 May 2012), Orion Group seals deal with Shell.
- Orion Divisions, Orion Jobs.