Orrall & Wright
Orrall & Wright
|Past members||Robert Ellis Orrall|
Orrall & Wright was an American country music duo composed of Robert Ellis Orrall and Curtis Wright. Both members had recorded solo albums and had charted singles of their own prior to Orrall & Wright's inception. As Orrall & Wright, they charted two more singles and recorded a self-titled album on the Giant label.
Unlike most other country music duos present at the time, Orrall & Wright's members shared lead vocals on every song that they recorded. Although active for only one year, they received a Duo of the Year nomination from the Country Music Association. By the end of 1994, both members resumed their solo careers. Wright joined the band Shenandoah, in which he served as lead singer until being replaced with Jimmy Yeary in 2007. After leaving Shenandoah, he joined Pure Prairie League. Orrall, meanwhile, has continued a solo career.
Orrall & Wright (1994)
|Orrall & Wright|
|Studio album by |
Orrall & Wright
|Released||July 19, 1994|
|Producer||Lynn Peterzell, Robert Ellis Orrall, Curtis Wright|
- "She Loves Me Like She Means It" (Angelo Petraglia, Robert Ellis Orrall, Billy Spencer) – 2:44
- "The Last Time I Loved Like That" (Orrall, Curtis Wright) – 3:50
- "I'm Outta Here" (T. J. Knight, Wright) – 3:21
- "Fall Reaching" (Josh Leo, Orrall) – 3:31
- "What Do You Want from Me" (Orrall, Wright) – 3:01
- "Go West Young Man" (Orrall, Wright, Spencer) – 3:22
- "You Saved Me" (Wright) – 3:03
- "Pound, Pound, Pound" (Orrall, Dale Jarvis) – 3:11
- "If You Could Say What I'm Thinking" (Orrall, Wright) – 3:43
- "I'll Tell You When I Get There" (Petraglia, Orrall, Wright) – 2:43
- Orrall & Wright
- Robert Ellis Orrall - vocals, keyboards
- Curtis Wright - vocals, electric guitar
- Additional musicians
- Eddie Bayers - drums
- Mike Brignardello - bass guitar
- Larry Byrom - acoustic guitar
- Bill Cuomo - keyboards
- Dan Dugmore - steel guitar
- Stuart Duncan - fiddle
- Sonny Garrish - steel guitar
- Dann Huff - electric guitar
- Marc Frigo - mixing assistant
- Mark Hagen - mixing assistant
- Julian King - recording, mixing assistant
- Robert Ellis Orrall - production
- Lynn Peterzell - production, recording, mixing
- Denny Purcell - mastering
- James Stroud - executive production
- Craig White - recording
- Curtis Wright - production
|US Country||CAN Country|
|1994||"She Loves Me Like She Means It"||47||39|
|"If You Could Say What I'm Thinking"||70||68|
|1995||"What Do You Want from Me"||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|1994||"She Loves Me Like She Means It"||Roger Pistole|
|"If You Could Say What I'm Thinking"||Jeff Smith|
- Simons, David (July 1994). "New Traditions: Orrall & Wright". New Country. 1 (5): 16. ISSN 1074-536X.
- "Robert Ellis Orrall". Peer Music. Archived from the original on 2007-12-13. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- Morris, Edward (2000-08-10). "They Vocal Duo Dilemma: They Also Serve Those Who Also Ran". Country Music Television. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Awards Database - 1994". Country Music Association. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "CMT : Videos : Orrall & Wright : She Loves Me Like She Means It". Country Music Television. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "CMT : Videos : Orrall & Wright : If You Could Say What I'm Thinking". Country Music Television. Retrieved August 5, 2011.