|Produced by||Gandhilal Bansali|
|Music by||Pravin Mani|
|Cinematography||K. S. Selvaraj|
|Edited by||P. Sai Suresh|
|24 October 2003|
Ottran (English: A Spy) is a 2003 Tamil film starring Arjun, Simran, Manorama, Vadivelu, Tejashree, Sarath Babu and directed by Ilankannan. The score and soundtrack was composed by Pravin Mani. The film was a hit at the box office. The film was released in Telugu as Goodachari No. 1.
- Arjun as Karthik, a RAW agent
- Simran Bagga as Sudha
- Vadivelu as Maadasaamy
- Manorama as Karthik's mother
- Ambika as Sudha's mother
- Gaurav Chopra as Terrorist
- Hari Nair as Terrorist
- Riyaz Khan as Peer Mohammed
- Ajay Rathnam as Saran
- Pyramid Natarajan as Kumara Saamy
- Chitti Babu as Marriage Broker
- Sarath Babu as Manikkavel IPS, IG, Prisons
- Anu Mohan
- Mahanadi Shankar
- Shyam Ganesh
- Sathya Prakash
- Vimal Raj
- Peer Mohammed
- Baby Rani
After the Arjun-directed Ezhumalai, the Arjun-Simran pair come together in yet another film titled ‘Ottran’. Directing the film is first-timer Ilankannan, who had apprenticed with director Shanker. Arjun plays a secret agent in the film, which gives him scope for enough of action scenes. Shooting commenced in Chennai in a forty-day schedule.
|Soundtrack album by Pravin Mani|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
- "Yeh Thiththippey" - Karthik, Suchitra
- "Oru Paarvai" - Srinivas, Sujatha
- "Chinna Veeda" - Manikka Vinayagam, Srilekha Parthasarathy
- "Kitchu Kitchu" - Shankar Mahadevan, Lavanya
- "Uttalangadi" - Manikka Vinayagam
- "En Kanave" - Srinivas, Sujatha
Hindu wrote:"first half of the film is the screenplay that allows no room for sluggishness or dampeners. The film moves on at breakneck speed and by the time you take a breather it's intermission".
- Pillai, Sreedhar (2003-12-29). "Reel of fortune". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". 10 February 2003. Archived from the original on 10 February 2003. Retrieved 5 March 2017.
- "Join me on Raaga". Retrieved 5 March 2017.
- "Ottran". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2003-10-24.