Out of Silence
|Out of Silence|
|Studio album by Yanni|
In a review by William Ruhlmann of Allmusic, "Yanni's second album, like his first (Keys to Imagination), was recorded entirety on synthesizers at his home studio. The composer/performer makes extensive use of the orchestral possibilities of electronics, creating big themes to play across elaborate, echoing rhythm tracks. Unlike much adult alternative music, it's constantly stimulating foreground music with an extremely modern sound."
|2.||"After the Sunrise"||4:40|
|3.||"Standing in Motion"||5:20|
|8.||"Point of Origin"||6:05|
|10.||"Paths on Water"||3:51|
- Out of Silence was recorded in its entirety keyboards at Yanni's home studio.
- Engineer: Jerry Steckling
- Mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering (Los Angeles by Bernie Grundman)
- Photo-Illustration: Stafford/Wehlacz for Prima Vista Studios.
- Hair and Make-Up: Annette Zeglen
- Producer: Peter Baumann
1987 Concert Series
Selections from Keys to Imagination and Out of Silence
It was during this year that Yanni was putting together his first touring band to promote his album Out of Silence, as well as selections from Keys to Imagination. "Although I'd written, as always, with an orchestra in mind, I couldn't afford one, so I reproduced that sound in my studio with my synthesizers. But because I wanted to play everything live onstage, and not against tape, I needed three keyboard players and a drummer on the road", says Yanni. This first live band included Joyce Imbesi and John Tesh on keyboards, and Charlie Adams on drums.
- Out of Silence (CD liner). Yanni. Private Music. 1987.
- "Out of Silence". Valley Entertainment-Windham Hill Records. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- William Ruhlmann. "Review of Out of Silence". Allmusic. Retrieved 2015-05-10.
- Yanni; Rensin, David (2002). Yanni in Words. Miramax Books. p. 123. ISBN 1-4013-5194-8.