E02 expressway (Sri Lanka)
Outer Circular Expressway
|Arthur C. Clarke Expressway|
|Maintained by the Road Development Authority|
|Length:||29 km (18 mi)|
|Beltway around Colombo|
|North end:||Kerawalapitiya - connect with E03 Colombo - Katunayake Expressway (not open yet)|
|Exit 2 → Mattumagala
Exit 3 →Kadawatha
Exit 4 → Kaduwela
Exit 5 → Athurugiriya 
|South end:||Kottawa, Colombo - Start of E01 Colombo - Matara Expressway|
|Expressways of Sri Lanka|
The Colombo Outer Circular Expressway (also known as the Outer Circular Highway, Colombo Inter-provincial Orbital Router or the Arthur C. Clarke Expressway) is a highway in Colombo, Sri Lanka which is under construction. The 29 km (18 mi) long outer circular road network will link the Colombo - Matara Expressway with Colombo - Katunayake Expressway and the proposed Colombo - Kandy Expressway and will provide an orbital beltway to bypass the city of Colombo and reduce traffic congestion. The project is funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) 
Construction of the road commenced in October, 2009 and it is projected that the project will take at least eight years to complete. Access will be provided to all "A" class roads via interchanges. The highway will have an operational speed limit of 100 km/h and is to be built with four lanes and provisions to upgrade the road for six lanes of traffic.
Construction of the Colombo Outer Circular road will be carried out in three phases: Phase 1 - an 11.0km section from Kottawa to Kaduwela; Phase 2 - a 8.9km section from Kaduwela to Kadawatha; and Phase 3 - a 9.3km section from Kadawatha to Kerawelapitiya. Construction of the road commenced in October 2009 and is predicted that it will be completed in September 2017. The expressway will be Sri Lanka's costliest and most expensive road, estimated at USD$ 57 million per km
On January 2013, Road Development Authority said that there will be an extra interchange in Athurugiriya with the intention of accommodating projected traffic from a fast developing area.
Construction of the second stage of the project from Kaduwela to Kadawatha, a length of 9.8 km, began on 18 February 2012. Its expected that phase two will be completed by January 2015, at an estimated cost of Rs. 49 billion.
The second phase is scheduled to be opened on 20 June 2015 and will form a major connection between Colombo and Kadawatha and a link to the Northern Expressway which will begin construction in July, thereafter connecting the capital with the major tourism cities: Kandy, Kurunegala and Dambulla.
On January 2013, the third phase construction contract of this project from Kadawatha to Kerawalapitiya (length of 9.2 km) was awarded to China Metallurgical Group Corporation Limited by the Cabinet of Sri Lanka for a value of Rs. 66.69 billion.
At Kottawa interchange the OCE will be connected to High Level road and the Colombo - Matara Expressway and at Athurugiriya it will be connected the Malabe - Athurugiriya road and later it will be connected to the proposed high elevated road to be constructed from Orugodawatta to Pore - Athurugiriya.
At Kaduwela interchange the OCE will be connected to Low Level road while at Kadawatha it will be connected to present Kandy road and to the proposed Kandy express way and the Northern highway.
|Kerawalapitiya||E03 Colombo - Katunayake Expressway|
Proposed Colombo-Kandy / Northern Expressway
|Kaduwela||Low Level Road
Peliyagoda-Mudungoda Road (New Kandy Road)
Proposed elevated way from Orugodawatta to Athurugiriya
|Kottawa||High Level road
E01 Southern Expressway
- Wijayapala, Ranil (3 March 2013). "Work on Outer Circular Highway to be completed year-end". Sunday Observer. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Guruge, Hemanthi (16 August 2011). "A Speedy and safe journey to Galle". Daily News. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Project to build a Beltway around Sri Lanka Capital given to Chinese Company". Colombo Page. 27 August 2009. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Outer Circular Highway". Road Development Authority (Sri Lanka). Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Colombo Outer Circular Highway given to Chinese Company". Global Tamil News. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Highway circling Sri Lanka's Capital gets extra Interchange". Lanka Business Online. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "New outer circular highway opens". Colombo Gazette. 8 March 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Sirimane, Shirajiv (24 June 2012). "Road network to be strengthened". Sunday Observer. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Sri Lanka awards a Road Building Contract to Chinese Firm". News 360 Pvt. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Project to build a beltway around Sri Lankan capital given to Chinese company
- RDA - Outer Circular Highway
- Outer Circular Road Network for Colombo