|Founder||Founded in 2000 by Jane Buchan, Jim Berens, Bill Knight and Judy Posnikoff|
|Headquarters||19540 Jamboree Road|
Number of locations
|Products||Fund of Funds|
Alternative Investment Management
PAAMCO (Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company) is an institutional investment firm focused on hedge funds headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in London and Singapore. Their clients include large public as well as private pension plans, financial institutions, endowments and foundations.
PAAMCO has established a Sector Specialist approach in which senior investment professionals lead a research-driven investment management process to build customized hedge fund portfolios. The firm requires full position-level transparency from its underlying hedge fund managers and has established a multi-strategy, institutional and customized approach to investing in hedge funds for institutional investors. PAAMCO’s emphasis is on early stage managers that research and experience have shown to outperform more established hedge funds. As needs and best practices took shape, PAAMCO created a proprietary managed account platform in 2005 to allow enhanced oversight and a greater ability to tailor exposures for its clients. In 2007 it was a founder member of the Hedge Fund Standards Board which sets a voluntary code of standards of best practice endorsed by its members.
PAAMCO was ranked #2 among alternatives managers for Best Places to Work in 2014.
The firm is specialized in the following strategies:convertible bond hedging, distressed debt, equity market neutral, event-driven equity, fixed income relative value, long/short credit, long/short equity and opportunistic investments.
PAAMCO was founded in 2000 by four partners, including Jane Buchan, who is involved with 100 Women in Hedge Funds, and who received a BA from Yale and a PhD from Harvard. PAAMCO expanded its U.S. operations to London in 2003 and Singapore in 2006. In February 2011, the CAIA Association and PAAMCO announced a partnership to provide 10 scholarships towards the CAIA designation. Co-founder Judith Posnikoff has endowed a scholarship at her graduate alma mater, University of California, Riverside. Other founders include Bill Knight (PhD University of California, Riverside) and Jim Berens (PhD University of California, Irvine).
PAAMCO is led by an Executive Committee consisting of:
- Anne-Gaelle Carlton
- Mayer Cherem
- Vince Cuticello
- Von Hughes
- Paul Roberts and
- Eric Wolfe
Mr. Wolfe is the Chairperson of this Executive Committee.
- "PAAMCO CEO on Investing from the Bottom Up". Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- "The performance of emerging hedge funds and managers". Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- Hedge Fund Standards Board. "HFSB Founders & Core Supporters". Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Pacific Alternative Asset Management Co. LLC". Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "CAIA Board Members". Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Jane Buchan Bio" (PDF). Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company Names Two new Partners". Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- "CAIA Press Release". Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "University of California, Riverside Judith Posnikoff Chancellor's Scholarship for CHA&SS". Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Ohio Public Retirement System, memo dated May 2007 (see appendix B)" (PDF). Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "PAAMCO Prisma co-CEOs to depart". Retrieved January 29, 2019.