PC-Aero Elektra One
|PC-Aero Elektra One|
|First flight||21 March 2011|
Design and development
The Elektra One was built with support from Solar Hangar and Solar World. The business concept is to produce electricity for the aircraft from solar panel equipped hangars with excess energy fed back into the power grid.
- Elektra One
- Single seat
- Sun Flyer
- Two-seat trainer - (proposed) 1320 lb gross, 616 lb empty, 3 hr range in optimal solar conditions.
Specifications (PC-Aero Elektra One)
Data from PC Aero
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 8.6 m (28 ft 3 in)
- Wing area: 6.4 m2 (69 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 100 kg (220 lb)
- Gross weight: 300 kg (661 lb)
- Range: 500 km (311 mi; 270 nmi)
- Endurance: 3 hours
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 68. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 72. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- "Elektra One". Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- "PC-Aero, SolarWorld co-developed Elektra One solar-enabled electric aircraft wins Lindbergh Prize for Electric Aircraft Vision Award". 1 August 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "Aeac". Retrieved 24 August 2014.