This article needs to be updated.(June 2014)
Planning Policy Statement 9: Biodiversity and Geological Conservation commonly abbreviated as PPS9, was a document produced by the British Government to advise Local planning authorities on planning policies for the protection of biodiversity and geological conservation through the planning system. This Planning Policy Statement was introduced in August 2005 and replaced Revised PPG 9: Nature conservation (published October 1994). PPS9 was reinforced and updated by Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) Circular 06/2005: Biodiversity and Geological Conservation - Statutory Obligations and Their Impact Within the Planning System, also published by the British Government on 15 August 2005.
Circular 06/2005 and PPS9 placed a clear duty on local planning authorities to ensure that protected species and habitats in the UK are a "material consideration" in the determination of a planning application.
- Planning Policy Statements
- Town and country planning in the United Kingdom
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- "Planning, building and the environment". The National Archives. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Planning Policy Statement 9: Biodiversity and Geological Conservation" (PDF). Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. 2005. ISBN 0-11-753954-6. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-02.
- "Biodiversity and geological conservation: circular 06/2005". Department for Communities and Local Government. 2005.
|This article relating to law in the United Kingdom, or its constituent jurisdictions, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to Town and country planning in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|