||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Shoemaker is the John Ben Snow Professor, an endowed research chair, in the S. I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University. She was previously the director of the School of Journalism at Ohio State University and earlier was on the faculty of the Department of Journalism at The University of Texas at Austin.
Shoemaker holds an M.S. in communications and a B.S.J. in journalism from the E. W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University (1972) and was named the L.J. Hortin Distinguished Alumna in 2006. In 2015 she received the Paul J. Deutschmann award for excellent research. 
Since 1997, Shoemaker has been editor (with Michael E. Roloff, Northwestern University) of Communication Research. Earlier she was associate editor of Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly and has served on the editorial boards of several other academic journals.
- Gatekeeping Theory (with T. Vos, 2009) ISBN 978-0-415-98139-2
- News Around the World: Practitioners, Content, and the Public (with A. Cohen, 2006) ISBN 978-0-415-97506-3
- How to Build Social Science Theories (with J. Tankard and D. Lasorsa, 2004) ISBN 978-0-7619-2667-2
- Mediating the Message: Theories of Influences on Mass Media Content (with S. Reese, 1996) ISBN 978-0-8013-1251-9
- Gatekeeping (1991) ISBN 978-0-8039-4437-4
- Communication Campaigns About Drugs: Government, Media, and the Public (1989) ISBN 978-0-8058-0230-6
- Building a Theory of News Content (Journalism Monograph, 1987)
- Pamela Shoemaker at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- Loughlin, Wendy. Syracuse University News http://news.syr.edu/shoemaker-to-receive-prestigious-paul-j-deutschmann-award-39710/. Missing or empty
- "SAGE: Communication Research0093-6502, 1552-3810". Sagepub.com. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|