Pandanus Park Community
|Population||125 (2016 census)|
|Location||60 km (37 mi) south of Derby, Western Australia|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Derby-West Kimberley|
Pandanus Park is a medium-sized Aboriginal community, located 60 kilometres (37 mi) south of Derby in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia, within the Shire of Derby-West Kimberley. It is on the banks of the Fitzroy River just off the Great Northern Highway opposite the Willare Roadhouse.
The community is an area where exclusive native title rights and interests has been determined by the Federal Court to exist: Watson on behalf of the Nyikina Mangala People v State of Western Australia (No 6).
The community is managed through its incorporated body, Yurmulun Aboriginal Corporation (Formally Pandanus Park (Aboriginal Corporation)), incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 on 5 August 1987.
Pandanus Park Layout Plan No.1 has been prepared in accordance with State Planning Policy 3.2 Aboriginal Settlements. Layout Plan No. was endorsed by. The Layout Plan map-set and background report can be viewed at Planning Western Australia official site.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Pandanus Park (ILOC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Pandanus Park". Winun Ngari Aboriginal Corporation. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- Watson on behalf of the Nyikina Mangala People v State of Western Australia (No 6)  FCA 545 (29 May 2014), Federal Court (Australia).
- Madelaine Dickie (18 July 2014). "Aboriginal leaders call for moratorium on fracking". Ambooriny Burru Foundation. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Pandanus Park declared grog-free". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 31 March 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations at the Library of Congress Web Archives (archived 2009-06-15)
- Native Title Indigenous Land Use Agreement summary at the Wayback Machine (archived 2009-10-16)