|Industry||Legal outsourcing services|
Intellectual Property Services
|Founded||New York City, U.S., Mumbai, India (2004)|
Pangea3 is a legal outsourcing services provider with headquarters in New York City , Noida, Bangalore and Mumbai, India. Pangea3 provides legal services and intellectual property services to in-house counsel in U.S., European and Japanese corporations and attorneys in international law firms. Pangea3 has been recognized as a leading legal outsourcing services company repeatedly since 2007, was voted best LPO in the New York Law Journal Reader Rankings from 2011 through 2013 and awarded LPO of the Year by India Business Law Journal from 2009 through 2013.
Pangea3 was founded in 2004 by former Monster.com General Counsel, David Perla, and former OfficeTiger CFO and General Counsel, Sanjay Kamlani. Pangea3’s legal outsourcing services are managed and run primarily by U.S., U.K. and Indian attorneys. Pangea3 provides its legal outsourcing services from its India based offices and their Dallas, TX office.
In 2005, Pangea3 opened its first office in Mumbai with 35 employees. It has since grown to 1,000 U.S., U.K. and Indian attorneys, engineers, scientists and professionals providing global legal outsourcing services in seven offices across the United States and India. In 2006, Pangea3 received $4 million in Series B funding from the venture capital firm The GlenRock Group. A year later, it closed a $7 million Series C round of funding with venture capital firm Sequoia Capital India.
In early 2008, Pangea3 opened an ISO 97001 compliant facility at Andheri, in Mumbai, India. Created primarily to house its expanded legal services departments, the facility expanded Pangea3’s capacity to 475 worldwide. In 2010, they became part of Thomson Reuters, a provider of information to legal and business professionals.
Awards and Recognition for Legal Outsourcing Services
Voted Best LPO in the 2011 New York Law Journal Reader Rankings
- Awarded LPO of the Year by India Business Law Journal for the last three years in a row (2009-2011) and also ranked as a Top 5 Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO) provider in each of their award categories: Best Overall LPOs, IP Services, Legal Support, Contract Services, Litigation Support, and Corporate Services.
- Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Company in America, 2009 Inc. 500|5000 List
- Top 10 Company in the Business Products and Services Category, 2009 Inc. 500|5000 List
- Top 10 Company in the NY, NJ & PA region, 2009 Inc. 500|5000 List
- Top 50 Best Managed Global Outsourcing Vendor by Brown-Wilson Group’sBlack Book of Outsourcing, 2009
- Top 5 Legal Outsourcing Vendor by Brown-Wilson Group’s Black Book of Outsourcing, 2009
- #1 Provider of Corporate Governance, Compliance, Due Diligence and Risk Services by the Brown-Wilson Group’s Black Book of Outsourcing, 2009
- Recognized as an exclusive LPO Participant to the General Counsel Roundtable's Preferred Pricing Program
- Recognized as a leading intellectual property outsourcing services provider by Valuenotes, 2008
- Ranked Top Legal Outsourcing Vendor by the Brown-Wilson Group’s Black Book of Outsourcing, 2007
- Recognized by Time Magazine as an Industry Leader in Legal Outsourcing Services, 2007
- Recognized as a leading legal outsourcing provider by Valuenotes, 2007
- Received the Market Leader Award for Legal Process Outsourcing by Frost & Sullivan, 2006
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2015)
In 2008, Pangea3 announced that it is a member of the General Counsel Roundtable’s Preferred Vendor Pricing Program. Pangea3 is the first and only legal outsourcing services provider participating in this program. The General Counsel Roundtable’s Preferred Vendor Pricing Program gives its members exclusive discounts on legal services from leading legal services providers. Other participating legal services companies include Serengeti, Lumen Legal and Black Letter Discovery.
Recently on 19 November 2010, Pangea3 has been acquired by the financial news and business information provider, Thomson Reuters. The total deal was valued at $100 million. 
- Legal outsourcing
- Intellectual Property
- Business process outsourcing in India
- Patent Attorney
References and footnotes
- "Offshoring Legal Services to India".
- "Pangea3 Joins GCR's Vendor Preferred Pricing Program".
- "Pangea3 Joins the General Counsel Roundtable Preferred Vendor Pricing Program". Reuters. 2008-04-01.
- "General Counsel Roundtable Selects Serengeti to Launch its Vendor Preferred Pricing Program".
- "Lumen Legal Joins the General Counsel Roundtable Preferred Vendor Pricing Program". Reuters. 2008-01-25.
- "Black Letter Discovery Joins the General Counsel Roundtable's Vendor Preferred Pricing". Reuters. 2008-01-25.
- "Sequoia nets big money in Pangea3 sale to Reuters". The Times Of India. 2010-11-25.