The reservoir in 2011
Location of Pantà de Boadella
|Official name||Pantà de Boadella|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Gravity dam|
|Total capacity||60.2 hm³|
|Catchment area||182 km²|
|Surface area||363.3 ha|
Boadella reservoir (Catalan: Pantà de Boadella) is a reservoir located on the Muga river, near Darnius, Catalonia, Spain. The dam is located at Darnius while the main water body is also within the boundaries of Sant Llorenç de la Muga, Terrades and Maçanet de Cabrenys. Despite giving it its name to the reservoir, the municipality of Boadella i les Escaules is not located within its boundaries. The construction of the dam was completed in 1969, creating a reservoir with a storage capacity of 60.2 hm³. The dam has a structural height of 63 m and a crest length of 250 m.
- "Technical characteristics and capacity". The Catalan Water Agency. gencat.cat. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- Pavón Gamero, David. "L'embassament de Boadella: antecedents, execució i repercussions locals d'una infraestructura hidràulica" (PDF). Annals de l'Institut d'Estudis Empordanesos (in Catalan) (34): 179–217. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- Darnius Official Website (Catalan)
- Weekly storage summary of Pantà de Boadella (Spanish)
- Boadella Reservoir - Consorci Salines Bassegoda
|This Province of Girona location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|