The Paper Bag Players are a New York City based theatre troupe for children and was founded in 1958 by Judith Martin, Shirley Kaplin, Sudie Bond, and Remy Charlip. Their goal was to create a theater for children that would incorporate the experimental art scene of Manhattan's downtown.
- Founding: Judith Martin, Shirley Kaplin, Sudie Bond, and Remy Charlip
- Acted or toured with: Betty Osgood, Irving Burton, James Lally, Jan Maxwell, Ted Brackett, Guy Gsell
- Musical director: Donald Ashwander
- "Paper Bag Players". NYC-Arts. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "New York Public Library Manuscripts & Records". New York Public Library. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Marks, Marcia (June 1964). The Paper Bag Players. Dance Magazine. p. 38:52–55 88–89. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "They roar! They move! Dinosaurs roam Secaucus new theme park now open - Imaginations can run wild as kids take on the role of scientists on an expedition at the new local attraction in Secaucus. "Field Station: Dinosaurs" had its grand opening May..." hudsonreporter.com. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- Gussow, Mel (1994-10-29). "Donald Ashwander, 65, Is Dead; Composer for Children's Troupe". The New York Times. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- http://www.thepaperbagplayers.org/ Official Site
- Paper Bag Players records, 1958-2009 (bulk 1990-2004), held by the Billy Rose Theatre Division, New York Public Library for the Performing Arts