|Origin||New York City, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, alternative rock|
|Years active||2006 – present|
|Members||Teresa Lee (vocals, keyboard)|
Patrick Moloney (guitar, vocals)
Will Haywood Smith (drums)
PaperDoll is an American indie rock band from New York City, consisting of Teresa Lee (vocals), Patrick Moloney (guitar), Jack Koch (bass), and Will Haywood Smith (drums).
The band gained international attention when they played at the Shanghai World Expo August 2010 on their first tour of China.
On their second tour (October 2010), they once-again grabbed TV headlines with record-breaking crowds during the closing of the Shanghai World Expo. They also made history as the final guests on EXPO 360, a show highlighting the best of the World Expo. Making headlines in the fashion world, lead singer Teresa Lee wore a dress by Flora Zeta. Chinese press praised the US band for their action-packed live performances including People Daily.
With a growing fanbase in China, in October 2011, PaperDoll returned for their 3rd tour aptly titled NY2CN: Can't Stop It!!!, named after their single "You Can't Stop It". Partnering with Loft Records in Tianjin, PaperDoll released an English/Chinese CD with 14 songs including a remake of Chinese traditional song "Moon Represents My Heart" in China. Their NY2CN: Can't Stop It!!! tour included stops at the prestigious World Leisure Expo in Hangzhou. This led to TuneCore featuring them in an article about how to break into the illusive Chinese music scene. Along with features in Asiance Magazine, Yellow Magazine, HelloNanjing, and even snagged the cover of Asian Fusion Magazine.
Internationally, they are featured in a Nike campaign airing in Greater China, and the film The People I've Slept With. The band gained national attention in the US in early 2010 when their song "If Nothing Happened" was featured in a national TV commercial for Vick's DayQuil. The same song on the commercial "If Nothing Happened" was also named in Blender's "Five Songs We Love" in March 2010. Song "If Nothing Happened" was featured on the Today Show in the clip "Hey Al, Have you Ever Overslept", where the famous weatherman was exercising before work.
Their single "Silent" is featured in Quentin Lee's film "White Frog" starring BD Wong, Harry Shum Jr, Booboo Stewart, Joan Chen, and Kelly Hu. PaperDoll are known for several of their videos, featured regularly on iaTV, MTV Iggy, as well as for performing the theme song for the TV show Comedy Zen.
- Teresa Lee – vocals/keyboards. Was named a Maxim Girl Next Door in 2009
- Jack Koch – bass
- Will Haywood Smith – drums
- Patrick Moloney – guitar. Patrick's brother Michael Moloney was lead singer/guitarist of Irish Art Rock band Director. U2 once opened up for their father's (Pat Moloney) band – Spitfire – in the early 1980s
- Steve Paelet
- Chip Thomas
2010 – Ballad Nerd Pop
2012 – Sashimi Deluxe
- "expo360 101029—在线播放—《expo360 2010》—综艺—优酷网，视频高清在线观看". v.youku.com. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "New York indie band PaperDoll to play on USA Pavilion stage - People's Daily Online". english.peopledaily.com.cn. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "The World Leisure Expo Hangzhou, China". En.wl-expo.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Dayquil snowball fight TV Commercial Music – Adtunes Forums". Adtunes.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "TODAY Video Player". Today.msnbc.msn.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Comedy Zen (TV Series 2006– )". IMDb.
- "Comedy Zen: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.