Parazoom Trio-Star Delta
|Parazoom Trio-Star Delta|
|Role||Ultralight trike, bicycle and powered parachute|
|Status||In production (2013)|
Design and development
The Trio-Star was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight category, including the category's maximum gross weight of 450 kg (992 lb). It features a Bautek Pico cable-braced hang glider-style high-wing, weight-shift controls, a single-seat open cockpit without a cockpit fairing, adjustable tricycle landing gear and a single engine in pusher configuration. It can also be equipped with a paraglider wing or ridden as a bicycle, with the appropriate options fitted.
The aircraft is made from welded steel tubing, in its "Delta" configuration it is fitting with a double surface hang glider wing covered in Dacron sailcloth. The 9.7 m (31.8 ft) span wing is supported by a single tube-type kingpost and uses an "A" frame weight-shift control bar. The powerplant is a V twin-cylinder, air-cooled, four-stroke 33 hp (25 kW) Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine. The landing gear has an adjustable track width, depending on the application and wing used. The aircraft has an empty weight of 91 kg (201 lb) and carries a full fuel load of 15 litres (3.3 imp gal; 4.0 US gal).
Data from Bayerl
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 9.7 m (31 ft 10 in)
- Wing area: 12.7 m2 (137 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 91 kg (201 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 15 litres (3.3 imp gal; 4.0 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Briggs & Stratton Vanguard twin cylinder, air-cooled, four stroke engine, 25 kW (33 hp)
- Propellers: 3-bladed composite
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 218. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X