|Birth name||Park Ji-min|
|Also known as||Jimin Park
July 5, 1997 |
Daejeon, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||Bak Ji-min|
Park Ji-min (Hangul: 박지민, born July 5, 1997), otherwise known as Jimin Park or Jamie Park, is a South Korean singer-songwriter and television presenter. She is a member of South Korean girl duo 15&. She is the winner of SBS's K-pop Star Season 1. She is also an MC on After School Club.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Charity work
- 4 Discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Awards and nominations
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Park Ji-min was born on July 5, 1997 in Daejeon. She lived in Thailand for seven years and went to Garden International School Bangkok  where she was known as Jamie. Her family currently lives in Seoul. Ji-min speaks Korean (her native language), fluent English, and basic Thai. She was a contestant on the popular talent show, K-pop Star on which the judges were the "Big Three" (SM, YG, JYP). She has graduated at the Hanlim School of Performing Arts alongside group member Baek Yerin, as well as label mate Yugyeom of GOT7 in 2016.
2011–14: K-pop Star and 15&
In 2011, Park Ji-min became a contestant of K-pop Star and won first place in the competition. After winning, she was awarded with the opportunity of signing with YG Entertainment, SM Entertainment or JYP Entertainment. On May 21, it was reported by SBS that she had chosen to sign with JYP Entertainment. Later, it was revealed that Baek Ah Yeon and Park Jae Hyung decided to sign a contract with JYP Entertainment. As promised, Park Ji-min and Lee Ha-yi each received a brand new Hyundai i40 and i30 as the winner and runner-up of K-Pop Star. In addition, Park Ji-min also received 300 million won (~$257,400 USD), was cast in a drama, and was also given an opportunity to sign a contract as a CF model.
On August 24–26, Ji-min, along with runner-up K-pop Star, Lee Ha-yi, were invited as guest performer for the 'Samsung Galaxy S3 and Smart Air Condition Q – All That Skate 2012' event that took place at the Gymnastics Stadium in the Seoul Olympic Park. For the event, the girls are reunited to take the finale stage, singing Rihanna‘s 'We Found Love' complemented with the on-ice performances of Alexei Yagudin, Joannie Rochette, Stéphane Lambiel, Patrick Chan, Brian Joubert, and other world-renowned skaters.
On September 19, 2012, Ji-min announced that she will debut as part of a duo along with Baek Yerin. On October 5, 15&'s first music video "I Dream" was released on YouTube. On October 7, they debuted stage with "I Dream" on Inkigayo.
In 2014, Jimin became a co-host for Arirang TV's After School Club.
2015–present: Solo debut and other activities
On March 31, 2015, J.Y. Park announced via Twitter that Ji-min would be making her debut as a solo artist, and that her debut stage would be held on the popular singing show K-Pop Star 4. Her teaser images were released later that day, along with the name of the title track, Hopeless Love. The teaser pictures also revealed that she would be going by the name 'Jimin Park', rather than 'Park Ji-min', for her solo debut.
On August 14, 2015, Ji-min announced a project group she had formed with Seungyoun of UNIQ and rapper Nathan. Their group name was later revealed to be M.O.L.A (Make Our Life Awesome), and they released their first track "My Way" on August 20. Their second song "Trick or Treat" was released on October 31, where Ji-min made her second recorded comeback as a rapper.
On August 15, 2016, J.Y. Park released a teaser via Instagram and Twitter that Ji-min would be having a comeback with a mini album called 19 to 20 with title song Try was released on August 23, 2016. She called the 19 to 20 "her story", and hoped that her fans would be able to connect to her better and build a stronger relationship with her first self-composed album. 
In October 2012, Ji-min donated 50 million won (~$45,000 USD) to Hanbit Performing Arts Company for blind musicians. She became interested in the program after meeting with fellow K-pop Star contestant Kim Soo Hwan, who currently attends the Hanbit Performing Arts Company. Park Ji-min shared, “The Hanbit Performing Arts Company hosts young, elementary school students as well as professional performers. Although they are blind, they are musicians who are performing with amazing talent. I want to be at least a small help to those who have the same love for music that I have.” She also donated 50 million won (~$45,000 USD) to World Vision.
- 19 to 20 (2016)
|Title||Year||Peak chart position||Sales||Album|
||19 to 20|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that region.|
Other charted songs
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|"Young해 (feat. Young K)"||2016||157||
||19 to 20|
|"Walkin’(다시 너에게) (feat. Hash Swan)"||161||
Original soundtrack (OST)
|2013||"사랑해 (I Love You)"||
||Goddess of Fire OST Part 4|
|2015||"자꾸 보고 싶어 (I Want to Keep Seeing You)"||
||Orange Marmalade OST Part 5|
|2016||"떠나가지마 (Don't Go)"||
||Dear My Friends OST Part 4|
|2015||"Dream" (with Eric Nam)||Digital Single - DREAM|
|"부산에 가면 (Busan Memories)" (with J.Y. Park & Bernard Park)||Sonata, Sing the Road Project|
|2016||"Fire" (with J.Y. Park & Conan O'Brien & Steven Yeun)||Still Alive|
|"Look Alike(닮아있어)" (with D.ear) |
K-pop Star 1 songs
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|2012||"꿈에 (In Dream)"||69||59||
||SBS K팝 스타 Top 8 (Digital Single)|
|"Over The Rainbow"||9||19||
||SBS K팝 스타 Top 7 (Digital Single)|
|"Rolling In The Deep"||64||49||
||SBS K팝 스타 SPECIAL No.2 (Digital Single)|
|"I'll Be There"||43||61||
||SBS K팝 스타 Top 6 (Digital Single)|
|"거위의 꿈 (Goose's Dream)"||111||—||
||SBS K팝 스타 Top 5 (Digital Single)|
|"Love On Top"||66||98||
||SBS K팝 스타 Top 4 (Digital Single)|
|"Good Bye Baby" (feat. Lee Ha-yi)||57||57||
||SBS K팝 스타 SPECIAL No.3 (Digital Single)|
|"You Raise Me Up"||56||57||
||SBS K팝 스타 Top 3 (Digital Single)|
|"Music Is My Life"||37||69||
||SBS K팝 스타 Top 2 (Digital Single)|
||SBS K팝 스타 SPECIAL No.4 (Digital Single)|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that region.|
Unofficial original releases
|2015||"My Way"||M.O.L.A (Project group)|
|"속았지? (Trick or Treat)"|
|"Chillin'" (5MOLAs ver.)|
|2015||Dream Knight||Youku Tudou||GOT7's Jinyoung's fan||Korean-Chinese Online Drama by JYPE and Youku Tudou|
|2011||K-pop Star Season 1||SBS||Contestant||04.10.2011 - 20.04.2012|
|2016||Duet Song Festival||MBC||Contestant||duet with Jung Young-yoon (Episodes 23–24)|
|2017||King of Mask Singer||MBC||Contestant||as "Listen to My Song and Applaud It Baby Seal" (Episodes 109–110)|
|2014||After School Club||MC with Eric Nam & U-KISS's Kevin||Arirang|
|M COUNTDOWN Hangout Chat||MC||Mnet|
|After School Club||MC with Eric Nam, U-KISS's Kevin & Day6's Jae||Arirang|
|2017||MC with U-KISS's Kevin & Day6's Jae|
Awards and nominations
|2012||K-pop Star 1||1st Place (Winner)||N/A||Won|
||Bonsang Award||Hopeless Love||Nominated|
|Hallyu Special Award||Nominated|
- "15& Profile".
- "y on Twitter". Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- "Music Access - Aron's Family". Arirang. 3 February 2015. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "JYP Entertainment Opens Park Ji-min’s 15& Homepage". enews world. 2012-09-24. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "K팝스타' 박지민, JYP와 전속계약 "데뷔 앨범 준비". 'Nate. 2012-05-21. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- "‘K-Pop Star’ winner Park Ji-min signs with JYP Entertainment". allkpop. 2012-05-21. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- "'K-Pop Star' finalist Baek Ah Yeon and Park Jae Hyung sign with JYP Entertainment". allkpop. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Park Ji-min and Lee Ha-yi attend Hyundai award ceremony to receive their ‘K-Pop Star’ cars". Allkpop. 2012-06-13. Retrieved November 4, 2012.
- "‘K-Pop Star’s Park Ji-min and Lee Ha-yi to light up the stage at Kim Yuna’s ice show". allkpop. 2012-08-13. Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- "‘K-Pop Star’s Park Ji-min to debut in October as part of a duo". allkpop. 2012-09-19. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "15&(피프틴앤드) _"I Dream" Music Video". Youtube. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "Rookie duo 15& debuts with "I Dream" on ‘Inkigayo’!". allkpop. October 7, 2012. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "15&'s Park Ji Min to make her solo debut!". Allkpop. Allkpop. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "15&'s Park Ji Min drops teaser images for her solo debut with 'Hopeless Love'". Allkpop. Allkpop. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Sweet Tune Collaborates with Eric Nam and 15&’s Park Jimin for Charity Project". Soompi. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- Serendipity. "Eric Nam shares his 'Dream' with a Sweetune-produced duet featuring 15&'s Park Ji Min!". Allkpop. Allkpop. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "15&'s Park Ji Min to collaborate with two mysterious artists?". Allkpop. Allkpop. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "M.O.L.A (15&'s Park Ji Min, UNIQ's Seungyoun, & Nathan) drop sick collaboration track 'My Way'". Allkpop. Allkpop. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "M.O.L.A "Trick or Treat"". Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Park Ji Min drops teaser for solo comeback for 'Try' | allkpop.com". Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- "Jimin Park's solo countdown on VLive.tv". Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "'K-Pop Star' Winner Park Ji-min Donates $50,000 to Social Welfare Foundation". Soompi. October 2, 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "15&’s Park Ji-min donates to Hanbit Performing Arts Company for blind musicians". Allkpop. October 2, 2012. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "Gaon Digital Chart". Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Retrieved 2015-02-24.
- Cumulative Sales for "Hopeless Love":
- Cumulative Sales for "Try":
- Gaon Digital Chart
- "2016년 35주차 Download Chart (see #97)" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart.
- "2016년 35주차 Download Chart (see #101)" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart.
- "2016년 35주차 Download Chart (see #104)" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart.
- "2016년 35주차 Download Chart (see #120)" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart.
- Total downloads for I Love You:
- Total downloads for 자꾸 보고 싶어:
- Total downloads for Don't Go:
- Total downloads for 꿈에 (In Dream):
- Total downloads for "Over The Rainbow":
- Total downloads for "Rolling In The Deep":
- Total downloads for "I'll Be There":
- Total downloads for "거위의 꿈 (Goose's Dream)":
- Total downloads for "Love On Top":
- Total downloads for "Good Bye Baby":
- Total downloads for "You Raise Me Up":
- Total downloads for "Music Is My Life":
- Total downloads for "Mercy":
- "K-PopStar". Daum. July 24, 2012. Retrieved Nov 4, 2012.
- Lee So-young (May 7, 2017). "'복면가왕' 박지민이 '아기물개'라니···묵직한 가창력 뽐내". Maeil Business Newspaper (in Korean). Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "Seoul Music Awards Global (scroll to K-POP STAR 2015 [LIVE VOTE] and click "Main and Popular (Overseas)" to reveal the nominees)". Seoul Music Awards. SportsSeoul. Retrieved 9 December 2015.