Parking In Motion
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Slogan(s)||"a smarter way to park"|
|Alexa rank||6,410,916 (August 2012[update])|
Parking In Motion (PIM) is a parking technology company based in Santa Monica, California. Parking In Motion was founded by Sam Friedman (Current CEO) and Alexander Israel (Current COO) in 2008.
PIM is a provider of dynamic and real time parking data, which holds partnerships with app developers, map makers, and GPS navigation companies. PIM operates a database containing over 20,000 public parking lots in over 300 cities. These lots cover the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.
In May 2011, Parking In Motion debuted its QR Code campaign at the International Parking Institute (IPI) conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in its effort to "make parking fun". The campaign utilizes Mobile tagging to try to encourage drivers to use PIM's services and associated lots.
- "Parkinginmotion.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Statistics from Alexa". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2011-06-27.
- "ParkMe – Home of the official Park Me parking app". Parkinginmotion.com. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Needleman, Rafe (2011-04-02). "Tiny start-up tackles big driving hassle: Parking | Rafe's Radar - CNET News". News.cnet.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Travel Contributors (2011-05-05). "Parking Made Easy With Parking In Motion iPhone App". Business Insider. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- "App Store - ParkMe - Find the Closest and Cheapest Parking Anywhere, Park Me". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "The PIM Blog » Parking In Motion iPhone App Launch". Blog.parkinginmotion.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Feb 8, 2011 (2011-02-08). "Find and Reserve Parking In Real Time For Free With Parking In Motion on iPhone « lalawag". Lalawag.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Bleiberg, Erika (2011-06-07). "Montclair’s "Smart" Parking is Fully Operational - Baristanet | Baristanet". Baristanet.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Gardner, Terry (2011-06-26). "Apps for the road - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- [dead link]