This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||Euronext: PARRO|
|Industry||wireless / UAV|
|Founded||1994; Paris, France|
|Founders||Christine/M De Tourvel, Jean-Pierre Talvard and Henri Seydoux|
|Products||Handsfree, Loudspeaker, Miniature UAVs|
|Revenue||€243 million, 2014|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Parrot Drones, Parrot Automotive, senseFly,Pix4D, Airinov, Micasense, EOS Innovation|
Parrot SA is a French wireless products manufacturer company based in Paris, France. It was founded in 1994 by Christine/M De Tourvel, Jean-Pierre Talvard and Henri Seydoux. Stock symbol on Paris stock exchange: PARRO (PAOTF on USA's NASDAQ) and company is currently a member of the CAC Small 90.
The firm specializes in technologies involving voice recognition and signal processing for embedded products and remotely controlled flying machines (also known as drones). It also develops products related to car telephony: Parrot chipsets (including DSP), copyrighted noise reduction and echo cancelling algorithms, Bluetooth software stack, end-user applications (Bluetooth hands free car kits). The products are sold to consumers through retailers, and are also incorporated into vehicles with the factory-installed audio system. Parrot's Bluetooth hands free technology can also be found in first mount. Parrot is listed on the Eurolist by Euronext (Compartment B) Paris stock market since 2006 under the symbol PARRO, Code ISIN FR0004038263.
In 1995 Parrot introduced Voicemate, a personal digital assistant with voice recognition. It was used by many visually impaired people, including Stevie Wonder.
In 2000 Parrot launched the first Bluetooth hands-free car kit in partnership with Ericsson.
In 2006, still developing the use of Bluetooth, the company also produced home products like digital photo frames and Hi-Fi wireless speakers.
In 2008, Parrot launched a Design By collection, featuring designers like Andrée Putman, Martin Szekely, Philippe Starck...
In 2012 Parrot bought 57% of Swiss drone company SenseFly as well as 25% of the Swiss photogrammetry company Pix4D. Both companies are spin-offs from EPFL.
In 2014 Parrot introduced the Mini-Drones "Rolling Spider" and "Jumping Sumo" at CES Las Vegas. Parrot increased its ownership in Pix4D to 57%.
In May 2014 at the annual AUVSI conference in Orlando, Parrot announced the AR Drone 3.0, code-named Bebop, permitting YouTube personality Kyle Tarpley from the YouTube channel "AR Drone Show w/ Kyle Tarpley" to live-stream video the day before the conference opened.
Parrot also revealed the option for a Skycontroller, when purchasing the Bebop. The Skycontroller allows the Bebop Drone to fly up to 2 kilometers. The Parrot Bebop Drone is scheduled for a December 2014 release and it comes in blue, red, and yellow.
In 2014 Mr Shahzad Ahmed bought shares In AR.Further,it will expanded as Product in Pakistan. (Source ?)
In 2015, Parrot SA created two subsidiaries: Parrot Drones and Parrot Automotive.
In San Francisco in November 2015, Parrot introduced the Bebop 2 drone.
Parrot purchased shares in 2015 in startups specialized in the drones industry: Airinov, EOS Innovation, Micasense and Iconem.
In 2016, Parrot SA released the Disco FPV, the world's first smart flying fixed-winged drone.
Other Parrot products
- Parrot Zik (version:1.0;2.0;3): wireless and tactile headphones, dubbed "the world's most advanced headphones"
- Parrot Flower Power
- Parrot POT: self-watering pot with sensors and water tank
- Parrot H20: A plant sensor that can give you up to 3 weeks of autonomous irrigation
- Parrot Anafi Thermal
- Parrot Anafi
- Parrot AR Drone: "Bebop" A lightweight electric quadcopter.
- Parrot AR Drone 2.0: A smart phone controlled electric quadcopter
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Parrot Bebop 2
- Parrot Skycontroller - long range remote controller
- Parrot Disco FPV - smart fixed-winged flying wing
- Parrot Rolling spider quadcopter
- Parrot Jumping Sumo robot
- Parrot Hydrofoil hybrid toy
- Parrot RNB 6: An Android 2-DIN Infotainment Navigation System running on Android V5.0 Lollipop
- Parrot ASTEROID 1-DIN, Tablet and SMART
- Parrot MINIKIT speakerphone
- Parrot Driveblue
- Parrot MKi 9000, 9100, 9200
- Parrot CK3100: Bluetooth car kit with LCD screen
- Parrot CK3000
- Parrot Conference: conferencing unit (launched in 2005)
- Parrot Voice Mate: personal digital assistant for blind and impaired people (launched in 1996)
- "Parrot partners with senseFly and Pix4D on mapping UAVs". SlashGear. 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- Ulanoff, Lance. "Parrot Pot can water your plants for you". Mashable. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- "Parrot Zik Sport headphones do noise canceling, heart monitoring". Engadget. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- French, Sally. "5 questions with Christian Louboutin's co-founder turned drone maker". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- "French drone maker Parrot selected to develop spy aircraft for the US military". www.msn.com. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "French drone maker Parrot selected to develop spy aircraft for the US military". www.theverge.com. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "Droning On". AOPA Pilot: 62. April 2015.
- "Parrot AR Drone 2.0". Drone Lifestyle.
- "Parrot Store Official | Connected objects, Bebop drone, Flower Power". parrotdrones.com.au. Retrieved 2016-12-01.