This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Nemani. Parthasarathy|
24 September 1974 |
Kakinada, East Godavari district
|Origin||Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, music director|
Parthasarathy Nemani, popularly known as Parthu, is an Indian Telugu playback singer in Tollywood with rich classical music background. Parthu has rendered more than 100 film songs and sung more than 2000 private songs in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and Kannada. Parthu is one of the very few Telugu playback singers who performed on five continents.
Parthu began learning Carnatic classical music at the age of five and had his initial training from Smt.Srilakshmi and advanced training from Neti Sriram sharam had his entire schooling in Kakinada and subsequently graduated from Vasavi College of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering.
- National Level Award winner in All India Radio Competitions-1992
- First prize winner in the South Zone Inter-University competitions-Mangalore-1993
- First prize winner at National Level in Inter-University competitions at Benares Hindu University, Varanasi-1994
- Parthu is the winner of first Mega final of "Padutha theeyaga" ,the first singing reality show in Andhra Pradesh which was aired on ETV and conducted by none other than the legendary playback singer, Sri S P BalaSubrahmanyam in the year 1996.
- Parthu recorded his first film song for music director, Sri Koti for the film "Kalyana Prapthirasthu, directed by Sri Dasari Narayanarao in the year 1997. Parthu worked as an associate to the lead music director Sri Mani Sarma, for more than 50 films. Parthu has done playback singing for a majority of leading movie heroes as Chiranjeevi, Venkatesh, Kamal Hasan, Srikanth, Jagapathi Babu and so on in about 90 films.
Parthu has more than 500 stage performances to his credit in India and abroad. Parthu is one of the very few playback singers to perform in five continents across the globe in many countries like US, UK, Australia, Kuwait, and is the first Telugu playback singer to perform in Botswana and Nigeria. Parthu gave performances together with all the legendary singers like S P Balasubrahmanyam., Smt. S. Janaki, , Mano and Smt.Chitra.
Parthu sang more than 2000 private songs which include devotional songs, folk music, light music and songs for television serials.
Parthu composed two songs "Kudikannu Adirene" and "Kanna Velugantha" for Kalatapaswi Sri K. Viswanath's movie ' Swarabhishekam" This film won the National Award for Music. Parthu debuted as Music director with the movie,"Nandeeswarudu " in 2012. Parthu composed music for several devotional, fusion and remix albums.
Parthu has established a sophisticated recording studio "Keerthana Digital" in Hyderabad in the year 2001.
Parthu, with the help of some friends established the Lotus Foundation, a non-profit organisation to support the educational needs of 'Economically Backward Brilliant Students' in 2009. It has been supporting nine ( Engineering, Medicine, B.Sc., B.Comm., and Intermediate) students and four students have successfully graduated and got employed with MNCs like TCS, Infosys, Cognizant Technologies and ADP.