Pasadena High School (South Australia)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Pasadena High School|
|Daws Road, Pasadena
|Motto||Pathways to Success|
|Staff||36 teaching staff
20 School Services Officers
|Colour(s)||Navy Blue & Yellow|
The campus caters to the Sturt Sabres Basketball Club and Flinders University. In 2017 it announced formal links with the Australian Science and Maths School and Flinders University.
In 2017 the school also adopted a science, technology, engineering, arts and maths focus.
At one point this school had an enrolment upwards of 1,200. However, after a steady decline, it had 180 students in 2015.
The school has a dedicated disability unit and also offers "Doorways to Construction", a program teaching the fundamentals of carpentry. It has a high-ranking ice hockey team, Pasadena Predators, which has won numerous awards. It is home to the historic Tower Arts Theatre and Pasadena's oval is used by the community - 12 of Cumberland United Football Club's junior teams train there, and the nearby Colonel Light Gardens Primary School uses Pasadena's oval for all its cricket training and games.
- Kate Ellis, Federal Labor politician
- Liam Macdonald, actor
- Tracy Mann, actress
- Brad Newley, Dual Olympic basketballer
- Danyle Pearce, Australian Rules Footballer
- Andrea Chaplin, Australian fencer , Dual Olympian
- Glenn Ridge, former Sale of Century host and now radio presenter
- Jason McDermid – trumpeter with Tom Jones, Peter Gabriel, Amy Winehouse
- Joe Ingles - Olympic basketballer
- John Schuman - musician Redgum
- Scott Ninnis, Basketballer and former Adelaide 36ers coach
- Scott Welsh, AFL footballer
- Tania Gooley Humphry, Olympic beach volleyballer
- Wayne Phillips, Australian cricketer
- Martin Hamilton-Smith, state MP
- "About Us". Pasadena High School. Retrieved 9 Jun 2014.
|This article related to a school in South Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|