Pascal Chrétien (born 7 April 1968) is a French-Australian commercial helicopter pilot and engineer with degrees in electronics and aerospace who designed, built and test flew the world’s first crewed electric helicopter the Solution F/Chretien Helicopter on 12 August 2011. The helicopter, built for the French company Solution F, set a Guinness World Record and received the IDTechEx Electric Vehicles Land Sea & Air award.
Chrétien has been pioneering electromagnetic transmissions and hybrid propulsion applied to aircraft since 2002 and holds several patents in the field. Chrétien obtained commercial helicopter pilot licences in Canada and Australia, in 1993 and 1994, respectively. He has aerial work and aircraft testing experience.
- First manned electric helicopter flies
- "Modern-day aviation pioneer achieves world's first untethered, manned electric helicopter flight". Gizmag.com. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Designer of Electric Helo Reflects on 2011 Flight Tests
- "Vertiflite First Electric Helicopter April 2012". Scribd.com. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "1ère Mondiale en Provence : le premier hélicoptère électrique". Solutionf.fr. Archived from the original on 7 December 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- Guinness World Records (2013) First electric helicopter, retrieved 9 May 2013
- "Electric Vehicles Land, Sea and Air USA 2012 - Award winners". Electric Vehicles Research. 2012-04-05. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- NASA Aeronautics Mission Directorate FY11 Seedling Phase I Technical Seminar; Page 19
- Dubois, Thierry. "Electric Helo Designer Pitches Hybrid Powertrain For Future Helo Power | Aviation International News". Ainonline.com. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Chretien, Pascal, M.E. (undated), Paving the way to hybrid helicopters, retrieved 9 May 2013
- Espacenet (4 April 2017), , retrieved 2 April 2017
- "Challenges of Aircraft Hybridization". IDTechEx. Retrieved 2013-05-09.