|Full name||Patrick Clarke|
|Date of birth||18 May 1985|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2004–2005||→ Berwick Rangers (loan)||10||(1)|
|2005||→ Arbroath (loan)||13||(5)|
|2012||→ Raith Rovers (loan)||15||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Patrick "Pat" Clarke (born 18 May 1985) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a forward. Clarke started his career with Dunfermline Athletic who he played for over two spells. He has also played for Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Clyde, Dundee and East Fife, as well as Berwick Rangers and Arbroath on loan.
Clarke who was born in Edinburgh started his career at Hibernian before joining Dunfermline Athletic. He made his senior debut on 17 April 2004, in a 1–1 draw with Dundee United. His next appearance was a month later, when he came on as a substitute against Rangers. He joined Berwick Rangers on loan from October 2004 to January 2005. He was released by Dunfermline when he returned from his loan.
Clarke then joined Fife rivals Raith Rovers. He made his debut against Clyde on 12 February 2005, and scored two goals. Clarke joined Arbroath on a six-month loan in August 2005, and got his first senior hat-trick when Arbroath beat East Stirlingshire 7–2 in November 2005. Clarke returned to Rovers in January, and remained there until the end of the season.
Clarke joined another Fife club, Cowdenbeath in July 2006. He made a great start to his career at Central Park, scoring 4 goals in his first four games. His rich vein of form continued throughout the season, and he scored 5 goals in one match versus Stranraer in March 2007. He ended the season with 17 goals. Clarke got his third career hat-trick against former club Berwick Rangers in October 2007.
Clyde & Dundee
On 15 January 2008, it was announced Clarke had signed a pre-contract agreement with Scottish First Division side Clyde. However, both clubs agreed a fee which allowed Clarke to move to Broadwood Stadium on 29 January 2008. He made his debut in a 3–1 defeat by Stirling Albion on 2 February 2008. He scored his first goal three weeks later, netting Clyde's only goal in a defeat to Dunfermline Athletic, from the penalty spot. Despite scoring a double on the final day of the season in a 3–0 win over Stirling Albion, Clyde still finished in the playoff position due to Greenock Morton winning. However, he netted once in a 6–5 aggregate win over Alloa in the playoffs semifinals, and scored a goal in both legs of the 3–0 aggregate final win over Airdrie United. Clarke's contract was terminated in June 2009, following Clyde's relegation and financial troubles. He went on to sign for Dundee on a three-year contract.
On 15 July 2010 It was announced that Pat Clarke had been released by Dundee so he could join Dunfermline Athletic on a 2-year contract. On 1 January 2012, he signed on loan to First Division Raith Rovers. In June 2012 Clarke signed a permanent deal with the Stark's Park side following his release by Dunfermline. Clarke signed for East Fife in July 2013, playing for the side for just one season before leaving in May 2014.
- "Pat just loves to play". scottishfootballleague.com. Scottish Football League. 22 October 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Clarke signs pre-contract
- Clyde sign Clarke
- "Clyde 1–2 Dunfermline Athletic". BBC News. 23 February 2008. Retrieved 1 March 2008.
- Clyde 3–0 Stirling Albion – BBC Sport Retrieved on 26 April 2008
- Clyde 5–3 Alloa Athletic – BBC Sport Retrieved on 10 May 2008
- Clyde 2–0 Airdrie United – BBC Sport Retrieved on 10 May 2008
- "Club Statement – Players Contracts". clydefc.co.uk. Retrieved 10 June 2009.
- "Striker Clarke moves on to Dundee". BBC Sport. 15 June 2009. Retrieved 15 June 2009.
- "Striker Returns". Raith Rovers F.C. 1 January 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "East Fife have signed 28 year old forward Pat Clarke for the forthcoming season. Welcome to Bayview!". East Fife Twitter. 21 July 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Team News". eastfifefc.info. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2016.