Pat Lally (footballer)
|Full name||Patrick Anthony Lally|
|Date of birth||11 January 1952|
|Place of birth||Paddington, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|1975||→ Aldershot (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in Paddington, London, Lally started his career with Millwall after signing as a professional in January 1970 and made one appearance in the Football League before signing for York City on a two-month trial in July 1971. He made his debut in a 1–0 defeat to Oldham Athletic on 31 August 1971 and he finished the 1971–72 season with 43 appearances and two goals. He made 38 appearances and scored three goals during the 1972–73 season, and he became known for "driving runs from midfield" during his time at York. He was signed by Swansea City for a fee of £7,000 in August 1973 and he made 161 league appearances and scored 10 goals for the club. While at Swansea, he had a loan with Aldershot, who he joined in October 1975, and made three league appearances. He left Swansea in September 1978 when he joined Doncaster Rovers, where he made 122 league appearances, before leaving at the end of the 1981–82 season. He went on to have a spell with non-League side Burton Albion, later becoming an education officer for the Professional Footballers' Association, and he now works as the regional League Football education officer for the North.
- Hugman, Barry J. (2005). The PFA Premier & Football League Players' Records 1946-2005. Queen Anne Press. p. 357. ISBN 1-85291-665-6.
- Jarred, Martin; Windross, Dave (1997). "Football League Players". Citizens and Minstermen, A Who's Who of York City FC 1922-1997. Citizen Publications. p. 59. ISBN 0-9531005-0-2.
- Batters, Dave (2008). "Season Statistics". York City The Complete Record. The Breedon Books Publishing Company Limited. pp. 336–337. ISBN 978-1-85983-633-0.
- Batters. York City The Complete Record. pp. 338–339.
- Flett, Dave (2009-06-02). "Pat Lally in plea not to ditch York City's youth team". The Press. Retrieved 2009-06-02.