Paul Baribeau performing at the University of Alaska Fairbanks in June 2014.
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, Artist, Writer|
|Labels||Plan-It-X, No Idea|
Paul Baribeau is an American folk punk Singer-songwriter from Grand Rapids, Michigan. He is signed to the independent record label Plan-It-X Records. His self-titled debut album was released on Plan-It-X Records in January 2004. In 2006, he embarked on a tour with Ginger Alford on which they collaboratively covered Bruce Springsteen songs. They subsequently released an album on No Idea Records, Darkness on the Edge of Your Town Tour, which contains studio and live versions of these covers. His second album of original material, Grand Ledge, was released on Plan-It-X Records in June 2007. Grand Ledge was recorded in a barn belonging to a friend of Baribeau's father, in Grand Ledge, Michigan. Baribeau's most recent album, Unbearable, was released on No Idea Records on March 10, 2010. He currently lives in Bloomington, Indiana and follows a straight edge lifestyle.
The punk music website AbsolutePunk praised Baribeau's latest record Unbearable and described it as "beautiful in the sense that it's crisp and clear." The website Punknews.org positively reviewed Grand Ledge, mentioning that Baribeau's lyrics were "often heartbreaking and always honest."
- Paul Baribeau (January 2004) on Plan-It-X Records
- Darkness on the Edge of Your Town Tour (2006) on No Idea Records
- Grand Ledge (June 2007) on Plan-It-X Records
- Unbearable (March 2010) on No Idea Records
- "Paul Baribeau". Last.fm. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- "Featured Content on Myspace". Myspace. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "No Idea Records - Paul Baribeau". noidearecords.com. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "Paul Baribeau". Myspace. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- "Paul Baribeau". Plan-It-X Records. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- "[Audio] Paul Baribeau – Never Get To Know, US Dates". www.straightedgeworldwide.com. May 7, 2013. Archived from the original on August 17, 2016. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- de la Cruz, Raoul (March 30, 2008). "K versus E6". ranchococoa.com (published March 31, 2008). Archived from the original on June 11, 2016. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- "Paul Baribeau - Unbearable". Absolute Punk.net. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- "Paul Baribeau - Grand Ledge". Punknews.org. Retrieved 2011-02-05.