Paul Joseph Drechsler
16 April 1956
|Alma mater||Trinity College, Dublin|
Paul Drechsler graduated with a bachelor of science in engineering from Trinity College, Dublin.
Drechsler worked for Imperial Chemical Industries for twenty-four years. He joined the Wates Group, a private construction firm, in 2004. He served as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer from April 2006 until 2014. He served as the Chairman of Bibby Line from 2014-2020. He served as Senior Independent Director of Essentra Plc from 2005 until 2015. He serves as Non-Executive Director of Greencore Plc and Schroders & Co. Ltd.
Drechsler was made an Honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire for services to the construction industry in February 2015.
In 2018, Trinity College Dublin awarded Drechsler with an honorary doctorate.
In July 2022, it was announced Dreschler will step down from the board of BusinessLDN
Drechsler served as the Chairman of the Skills Funding Agency until September 2015. He served on the Board of Trustees of Business in the Community until December 2017. He served as the President of the Confederation of British Industry, a pro-business organisation in the United Kingdom, from June 2015 until June 2018.
Drechsler served as the Chair of Teach First from 2013 until 2019. He also serves on the Provost’s Council of Trinity College Dublin and on the Advisory Council of the Federation for Education Development. He is Chairman of the Board of ICC (UK) and London First.
Drechsler is married. He has three children.
- Kingdom, ICC United. "The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) appoints Paul Drechsler CBE as new Chairman". ICC United Kingdom. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- "Our People | BusinessLDN". www.businessldn.co.uk. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Business leader is Teesside University's new Chancellor | Media centre | Teesside University". www.tees.ac.uk. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- "Directorate and Committee Composition Changes". Greencore. 28 January 2020. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- "Cazenove Capital appoints two new Non-Executive Board Directors". Cazenove Capital appoints two new Non-Executive Board Directors. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- Ireland, Office of the President of. "Diary President Hosts Distinguished Service Awards Ceremony". president.ie. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- "Paul Drechsler CBE to step down as Chair of BusinessLDN". BusinessLDN (previously London First). 27 July 2022. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Paul Drechsler CBE – Fed Education". Retrieved 7 May 2021.