Paul Joseph Drechsler
16 April 1956
|Alma mater||Trinity College, Dublin|
Drechsler worked for Imperial Chemical Industries for twenty-four years. He joined the Wates Group, a private construction firm, in 2004. He served as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer from April 2006 until 2014. He serves as the Chairman of Bibby Line.
Drechsler served as the Chairman of the Skills Funding Agency until September 2015. He served on the Board of Trustees of Business in the Community until December 2017. He served as the President of the Confederation of British Industry, a pro-business organization in the United Kingdom, from June 2015 until June 2018.
Drechsler serves as the Chair of Teach First. He also serves on the Provost’s Council of Trinity College Dublin and on the Advisory Board of the Trinity College School of Business. He is a member of the Board of ICC (UK)
- Monaghan, Angela. "Talking up a storm". Building.co.uk. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Paul Drechsler CBE". Confederation of British Industry. Retrieved October 25, 2015.
- "Paul Drechsler CBE: Chairman". Teach First. Retrieved October 25, 2015.
- "Registrar : Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin, Ireland". www.tcd.ie. Retrieved 2020-01-06.
- "Our Board and governance". Business in the Community. Retrieved October 25, 2015.
- Grant, Jeremy; Gordon, Sarah (June 17, 2015). "Chairman of Bibby shipping group named CBI president". Financial Times. Retrieved October 25, 2015.
- "Advisory Board". Trinity College Dublin School of Business. Archived from the original on August 30, 2015. Retrieved October 25, 2015.