Paul Ferrara (born November 16, 1939) is an American photographer known for his relation with singer Jim Morrison of the band The Doors . He started as The Doors still photographer and his first production was a souvenir book that was sold at concerts. Many of the iconic images of Morrison’s persona were created by Ferrara. Ferrara also took the cover photograph of the Doors album Waiting for the Sun.
He directed Jim Morrison's 1969 film HWY: An American Pastoral. Hitherto unreleased behind the scenes movies of The Doors shot by Ferrara in the late 1960s/early 1970s were included in the 2009 documentary on the The Doors, When You're Strange.
- Hopkins, Jerry (1995). The Lizard King: The Essential Jim Morrison. Simon & Schuster. p. 110. ISBN 9780684818665.
- "Alum's historic footage anchors new documentary about The Doors". UCLA School of theater, film and television. February 24, 2009. Retrieved 11 June 2009.
- IMD entry: HWY: An American Pastoral (1969)
- IMD entry: When You’re Strange (2009)
- Butler, Patricia; Jerry Hopkins (2002). Angels Dance and Angels Die: The Tragic Romance of Pamela and Jim Morrison. Music Sales Group. ISBN 978-0-8256-7270-5.
- Fowlie, Wallace (1994). Rimbaud and Jim Morrison: the rebel as poet. Duke University Press. p188
- Ferrara, Paul (2007). Flash of Eden. AuthorHouse. ISBN 978-1-4343-4070-2.