|Education||North Carolina School of the Arts|
School of American Ballet
City College of New York
New York Chiropractic College
|Former groups||Ohio Ballet|
New York City Ballet
Paul E. Frame (born April 16, 1957) is a retired American ballet dancer and practicing chiropractor. Frame danced as a member of the corps de ballet at New York City Ballet for ten years before retiring from the stage. He is currently the resident chiropractor for Ballet Arizona.
Frame was awarded a scholarship to attend North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem. After graduating from School of the Arts, he joined the Ohio Ballet. While dancing with the Ohio Ballet, Frame was offered a spot at the School of American Ballet in New York City on full-scholarship. He was chosen by George Balanchine to join the corps de ballet at New York City Ballet, where he danced for ten years. In 1983, Jennifer Dunning, dance reviewer for the New York Times, praised his "impassioned Mouse King" in The Nutcracker. He danced the role again in 1984. Dunning praised his "bold, clear dancing," in the sextet in the 1986 performance of Shadows, where she wrote that his dancing was a "highlight of the performance." In 1987, Dunning wrote that Frame "performed with a special radiance." In 1986, he danced in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Frame attended college at City College of New York. He graduated from New York Chiropractic College in 1998 with a degree in Chiropractic and Physical Medicine Modalities and Therapeutic Procedures. He began his Chiropractic practice in Tempe, Arizona shortly after finishing school. He is the resident chiropractor for Ballet Arizona. He met the Ballet's Artistic Director, Ib Andersen, when both men were dancers with the New York City Ballet.
- WRAL. "Peter Frame, Ballet Dancer and Instructor, Dies at 61 :: WRAL.com". Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Remembering Peter Frame, Former New York City Ballet Principal and Beloved Teacher". 4 September 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Nilsen, Richard (8 February 2009). "He keeps troupe on pain-free toes (profile)". Arizona Republic. ProQuest 239085276.
- "Peter Frame, Ballet Dancer and Instructor, Dies at 61". Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Dr. Paul Frame, a Chiropractor in Tempe, Arizona". www.framechiro.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Columbia Daily Spectator 17 May 1983 — Columbia Spectator". spectatorarchive.library.columbia.edu. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Dunning, Jennifer (13 December 1983). "CITY BALLET: BALANCHINE'S 'NUTCRACKER'". New York Times. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- "The nutcracker Dec. 7, 1984 / [presented by] New York City Ballet ; choreography by George Balanchine ; music by Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky". Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Dunning, Jennifer (2 May 1986). "CITY BALLET: 'SHADOWS'". Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Dunning, Jennifer (4 May 1987). "DANCE: TWO DEBUTS ON PROGRAM OF CITY BALLET". New York Times. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Nilsen, Richard (11 December 2008). "Countdown to 'Nutcracker'". Arizona Republic. ProQuest 239074872.