Paul Gray (information technology)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Paul Gray (1930 - May 10, 2012) was an American information systems pioneers, and Professor Emeritus at Claremont Graduate University where he was the founding chair of The School of Information Systems and Technology. The School of Information Systems and Technology at Claremont Graduate University is the home of the Paul Gray PC Museum.
Gray received a PhD in Operations Research from Stanford University in 1968.
He has been a member of the faculty at Stanford, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Southern California, Southern Methodist University, University of California at Irvine, and Claremont Graduate University. Gray served as secretary of The Institute of Management Sciences from 1975–79, vice president at large from 1983-1986, and president from 1992-93.
Gray was the founding editor of CAIS, the Communications of the Association for Information Systems and served as editor-in-chief from 1999 to 2006. He is on the editorial board of CAIS and eight other journals.
In 1999, he was elected Fellow of the Association for Information Systems. In 2000, he was named Educator of the Year by EDSIG. In 2002, he was elected Fellow of the Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS). In 2002, he received the LEO Award of the Association for Information Systems for Lifetime Achievement. In 2003, he received the INFORMS Kimball Medal. In 2006, he received the Lifetime Achievement Award of SIGMIS.
Paul Gray, professor emeritus at Claremont Graduate University (CGU), died on May 10, 2012 from injuries suffered in a car crash. He was 81.
Gray is the author of 13 books and over 140 professional articles. Books, a selection:
- Gray, P., Watson, H. J., King, W. R., & McLean, E. R. (1997). Management of information systems. Dryden Press.
- Negash, Solomon, and Paul Gray. Business intelligence. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2008.
Articles, a selection:
- Gray, Paul. "Group decision support systems." Decision Support Systems 3.3 (1987): 233-242.
- Gorgone, John, and Paul Gray. "MSIS 2000: model curriculum and guidelines for graduate degree programs in information." Communications of the AIS 3.1es (2000): 1.
- Ives, B., Valacich, J., Watson, R. T., Zmud, R., Alavi, M., Baskerville, R., ... & Whinston, A. B. (2002). What every business student needs to know about information systems. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 9(30), 1-18.
- Gorgone, J. T., Gray, P., Stohr, E. A., Valacich, J. S., & Wigand, R. T. (2006). "MSIS 2006: model curriculum and guidelines for graduate degree programs in information systems." ACM SIGCSE Bulletin, 38(2), 121-196.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2015)
- Kimball Medal awarding
- CGU mourns the loss of emeritus professor Paul Gray
- Biography of Paul Gray from the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences