Paul Martin Lester
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Paul Martin Lester|
March 21, 1953 |
Flushing, Queens, New York, United States
|Occupation||Professor of Communications, Author, Photojournalist|
Paul Martin Lester (born March 21, 1953) is a tenured, full professor of Communications at California State University, Fullerton.
Lester was born in Flushing, Queens. After an undergraduate degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Austin and employment as a photojournalist for The Times-Picayune in New Orleans, he received a Master's from the University of Minnesota and a Ph.D. from Indiana University in mass communications.
Lester co-wrote a monthly column, "Ethics Matters" for News Photographer magazine for the National Press Photographers Association. From 2006, Lester was the editor of the Visual Communication Quarterly until 2011 when he was named editor of Journalism & Communication Monographs sponsored by the AEJMC and published by Sage. His research interests include mass media ethics, new communications technologies, and visual communications.
- Digital Innovations for Mass Communication Engaging the User (2014)
- Visual Communication on the Web (2013) with Xtine Burrough.
- Visual Communication Images with Messages 1st ed, 1966 ; latest (6th) Edition 2014. According to WorldCat, the book is held in 488 libraries 
- translated into Chinese by Xiaoting Zhang; Meixue Yang as 視覺傳播/Shi jue chuan bo
- Images that Injure Pictorial Stereotypes in the Media. Co-edited with Susan Ross, 1st ed. 19966 ; 3rd Edition (2011) Santa Barbara:Prager. According to WorldCat, the book is held in 3792 libraries. 
- On Floods and Photo Ops: How Herbert Hoover and George W. Bush Exploited Catastrophes Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, 2010. 
- The Zen of Photography (2007). [Persian Edition].
- Visual Journalism A Guide for New Media Professionals with Christopher R. Harris. Boston : Allyn and Bacon, 2002. 
- The Spiral Web On the Nature of Coincidence (2000).
- The Zen of Photography (2000).
- Desktop Computing Workbook A Guide for Using 15 Programs in Macintosh and Windows Formats (1996).
- Photojournalism An Ethical Approach (1991).
- Ethics of Photojournalism (1990), (ed.).
- Paul Martin Lester's Website
- WorldCat author listing