Paula Rae Gibson
Paula Rae Gibson is an English photographer and singer-songwriter . She is the widow of film director Brian Gibson. She has one daughter by him.
Rae Gibson's photographic work is represented by three books of photographs, Diary of a Love Addict (2006) and (Fear I Know Not) I'll Always Walk Away (2007), published by German publisher Kehrer.2016 "Rae" was released by Eyemazing Editions. The first, Diary of a Love Addict, was nominated for the Deutscher Fotobuchpreis 2007. She has exhibited with solo shows in Los Angeles, Laurie Frank's Media Rare gallery, Paul Kopeikin Galllery . Stephanie Hoppen London, Fotographie Frankfurt Forum, Germany, Someone's Garden Tokyo.
Her debut album, No More Tiptoes was released on the 33 Jazz Records in 2007. No More Tiptoes was written in response to the death of Rae Gibson's husband and features voice by Rae Gibson and keyboard by pianist Tom Pilling. A track from the album, We Blow It Every Time, was selected as one of the top ten tracks of the year by Time Out. Her second album, Maybe Too Nude, recorded in collaboration with Will Gregory of Goldfrapp and drummer Martyn Barker. was released on the Babel Label in 2008. The tracks with Will Gregory were written for a film she wrote with her husband which was in pre production at the time of his death. A third album, combined with a book Babel Label 2009: You Gather My Darkness Like Snow Watch It Melt came in 2011 with pianist Ivo Neame and Jim Hart.The Pleasure Of Ruin, was released the following year by Babel, as vinyl and cd, with Mike Flynn, Sophie Alloway and Tom Pilling. She was the scriptwriter, actor and composer for a film, What Are You Doing Forever?, selected for the International Festival of Cinema and Technology and screened as part of the Portobello Film Festival. Her video "The Poet Without Tragedy" won the prize for Best Music Video at the 2009, presented by Mike Figgis London Independent Film Festival. Hanging Onto A Thread To Believe In Rare Things' is a novella published by Indigo Dreams, 2012, Her photography collection " You and Your Selfies' was featured by Lensculture in 2014 and selected in their best eleven self portrait series of 2014 .She received an Honorary award for a project called" Destination Love", from the Moscow Foto Awards 2014 and a finalist award for the Julia Margaret Cameron Woman's Photography Prize, for fine art category, and portrait and children\s portrait 2015.Paula Rae Gibson's image 'LATE HUSBAND' was selected by Roger Ballen as a Melbourne Photo Award finalist 2016 and given an Honorary award by LA Photo Curator. Her portrait "Creatures of the Wind' received an honorary mention with Moscow Foto Awards 2016. PRG is currently in a jazz-fusion music project called Rae Forrest, with Mike Flynn. Album to be released 2016 which will be played in the London Jazz Festival 2016.
- Rae Gibson, Paula (2006). Diary of a Love Addict. Heidelberg: Kehrer Verlag. p. 120. ISBN 3-936636-76-1. OCLC 65768388.
Rae, a pictorial love song Published by EYEMAZING Editions .ISBN 978-90-822754-2-1
- Rae Gibson, Paula (2007). "No More Tiptoes". 33 Jazz.
- Rae Gibson, Paula (2008). "Maybe Too Nude". Babel. OCLC 275979432.
- Rae Gibson, Paula (2009). "You Gather My Darkness Like Snow Watch It Melt". Babel.
- The Pleasure of Ruin publisher Babel. June 2013
- "What are you doing forever?". Wiggy Woo Films. 2006.
- Graham, Stephen (April 2008). "After the rain". Jazzwise. Jazzwise Publications Ltd. p. 8. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- Quinn, Peter. "Paula Rae Gibson: No More Tiptoes". Sky Arts. BSkyB Ltd. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Top ten tracks of 2007". 19 December. Time Out Group Ltd. 19 December 2007. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "What are you doing forever?". The British Film Catalogue. The British Council. Retrieved 2009-01-17.