Paulo Rocha (film director)
|Born||22 December 1935|
|Died||29 December 2012(aged 77)|
|Occupation||Film director, film writer|
Paulo Soares da Rocha (22 December 1935 – 29 December 2012) was a Portuguese film director. Among his best-known films are A Ilha dos Amores and O Rio do Ouro. A Ilha dos Amores was entered into the 1982 Cannes Film Festival, O Desejado was entered into the main competition at the 44th edition of the Venice Film Festival, and O Rio do Ouro was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 1998 Festival.
Filmography as director
- Os Verdes Anos (1963)
- Mudar de Vida (1966)
- Sever do Vouga... Uma Experiência (1971)
- A Pousada das Chagas (1972)
- A Ilha dos Amores (1982)
- O Desejado (1988)
- "Cinéma, de Notre Temps": Oliveira - L'Architecte (1993)
- Portugaru San - O Sr. Portugal em Tokushima (1993)
- Camões - Tanta Guerra, Tanto Engano (1998)
- O Rio do Ouro (1998)
- A Raiz do Coração (2000)
- As Sereias (2001)
- Vanitas (2004)
- Se Eu Fosse Ladrão, Roubava (2011)
- "Portuguese director Paulo Rocha dies aged 77 - Photos - BULGARIAN NEWS AGENCY". Bta.bg. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Festival de Cannes: A Ilha dos Amores". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- Aa. Vv. Variety Film Reviews, Volume 20. Garland Pub., 1988.
- "Festival de Cannes: River of Gold". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
|This article about a Portuguese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|