|Headquarters||117 South 3rd Street
Marion, Kansas 66861
The Peabody Gazette-Bulletin is a local weekly newspaper for the cities of Peabody, Burns, Florence in the state of Kansas. The paper publishes every Wednesday. The newspaper also maintains an online presence.
The Peabody Gazette newspaper was founded in 1873 by J.P. Church. There was a daily edition in 1887 by W.H. Morgan, but it went back to a weekly edition during the same year. The Peabody Graphic newspaper existed from May 20 to June 19 of 1891. The Peabdoy Herald newspaper was founded in 1911 by C.T. Weaver. The Gazette and Herald consolidated into the Peabody Gazette-Herald in 1915 by Oscar S. Stauffer.
- Oscar Stanley Stauffer (1886-1982), founder of Stauffer Communications, editor of Peabody Gazette-Herald newspaper from 1915 to 1922.
- "Official Website". Retrieved Feb 2014. Check date values in:
- A History of Kansas Newspapers; Kansas State Historical Society; 1916.
- O.S. Stauffer at Find a Grave
- Peabody : The First 100 Years; Peabody Historical Society; Peabody Gazette-Herald in Peabody, KS; 123 pages; 1971.
|This article about a United States newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|