|Produced by||G. Raghavan|
|Music by||Maria Jerald|
|Edited by||Suresh Urs|
Sri Sai Sarvesh Entertainment
|Distributed by||Escape Artists Motion Pictures|
Peigal Jaakkirathai (English: Beware of ghosts!) is a 2016 Indian Tamil horror comedy film, written and directed by Kanmani. This is a Tamil remake of Korean movie 'Hello Ghost'. The film features Jeeva Rathnam and Eshanya in the lead roles, while Thambi Ramaiah, Rajendran and John Vijay in supporting roles. Featuring music composed by Maria Jerald, Peigal Jaakkirathai released on 1 January 2016.
- Jeeva Rathnam as Saravanan
- Eshanya Maheshwari as Gayathri
- Thambi Ramaiah as Pazhanivel Annachi
- Manobala as Gayathri's father
- John Vijay as Sagayam
- V. I. S. Jayapalan
- Halwa Vasu
- Mohana Priya as Gayathri's mother
- Boys Rajan as Doctor
- Tarun Kumar
- Theni Murugan
- Mona Batra
- Sandhya Jagarlalmudi
- Kalavani Devi
- Gehana Vasisth as item number
The film was predominantly shot around Chennai, Mahabalipuram and the surrounding areas during June 2015.  In October 2015, lyricist Kabilan Vairamuthu made a statement denying claims that lyrics of a particular song from the film that he had written had political connotations to it. For another song in the film's soundtrack, Thambi Ramaiah and Rajendran recorded their voices and shot for a promotional video.
Soundtrack was composed by debutant Maria Jerald, and lyrics were done by Kabilan Vairamuthu and Viveka. The song "Obama" was well received by the audience. The background score was done by S P Venkatesh.
|Obama||Thambi Ramaiah, Rajendran||Viveka|
|Maandhreega Kaari||Antony Dhaasan||Kabilan Vairamuthu|
|Peigal Jaakiradhai||Diwakar||Kabilan Vairamuthu|
The film opened on 1 January 2016 to mixed reviews, with a critic from Times of India noting "much of the humour is silly and we do experience a twinge of embarrassment for having laughed at the uninspired jokes — but that happens only after the film is over". The critic also likened the film's plot to Massu Engira Masilamani (2015) and Om Shanthi Om (2015), stating that in "less than a year, we have had three Tamil films which have been inspired from the Korean comedy, Hello Ghost (2010)".
- Kumar, S. R. Ashok; Kumar, S. R. Ashok (5 June 2015). "Beware of ghosts" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Kabilan Vairamuthu clarifies regarding the controversy on his lyrics penned for Peigal Jakirathai's promo song". 6 October 2015.
- "Rajendran and Thambi Ramaiah turn singers - Times of India".
- "Peigal Jaakkirathai Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India".