|Full name||Percival Leith Hussey|
23 June 1869|
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
|Died||13 May 1944
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
|Domestic team information|
|First-class debut||27 Mar 1893 Western Australia v South Australia|
|Last First-class||1 Apr 1893 Western Australia v Victoria|
|Source: CricketArchive, 8 November 2011|
Percival Leitch Hussey (23 June 1869 – 13 May 1944) was an Australian sportsman. He played first-class cricket for Western Australia, football for the Rovers Football Club in the West Australian Football Association (WAFA), and was also a noted runner.
Hussey was born in Perth, Western Australia in 1869. He played several matches for the Rovers Football Club in the late 1880s and early 1890s, and also played for Perth against Fremantle in the annual cricket match in 1886. He later played for Metropolitans in the WACA District competition. From 1890, he served as secretary of the general committee of the Western Australian Cricket Association, and in this role was responsible for the procurement of the Perth Recreation Ground for the use of the association. In 1893, he was a member of the first representative cricket team from Western Australia to tour interstate, playing four matches on the tour, two of which were accorded first-class status. His highest score on tour was 14, against South Australia batting at number seven. Hussey was also a noted runner – The Western Mail wrote in March 1891: "[He] was reckoned the best runner in the colony about twelve months ago". Hussey emigrated to Adelaide in the early 20th century, where he died in 1944.
A son Percival Francis Leitch Hussey (6 July 1897 – 11 November 1954) was a noted medical practitioner and yachtsman.
- List of Western Australia first-class cricketers
- List of Australian rules footballers and cricketers
- FOOTBALL. – The Western Mail. Published 8 June 1889. Retrieved from Trove, 8 November 2011.
- FOOTBALL. – The West Australian. Published 27 July 1889. Retrieved from Trove, 8 November 2011.
- PERTH V. FREMANTLE. – The West Australian. Published 1 February 1886. Retrieved from Trove, 8 November 2011.
- M.C.C. v. FREMANTLE C.C. – The Western Mail. Published 10 January 1891. Retrieved from Trove, 8 November 2011.
- THE W.A. ATHLETIC CLUB AND THE FOUNDATION DAY SPORTS. – The Western Mail. Written by Hilton Z. Sherlock. Published 10 May 1890. Retrieved from Trove, 8 November 2011.
- First-class matches played by Percival Hussey – cricketarchive.com. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- South Australia v Western Australia, 27, 28 March 1893, at the Adelaide Oval – CricketArchive. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- THE CHIDLOW WELLS SPORTS. – The Western Mail. Written by Henry Ward. Published 7 March 1891. Retrieved from Trove, 8 November 2011.
- Percival Hussey profile – ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Death Of Dr. Hussey.". The Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1931 - 1954). Adelaide, SA: National Library of Australia. 13 November 1954. p. 3. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Howard Leitch HUSSEY – aif.adfa.edu.au. Retrieved 8 November 2011.