Personal Structures is an international contemporary art platform, which generates the possibility for artists and art historians to discuss philosophical concepts in art.
Personal Structures was initiated in 2003 by the artist Rene Rietmeyer. At first, the platform took shape in the form of exhibitions. Later on, in 2005, symposia were added as means for expressing thought. The first Personal Structures symposium was held at the Ludwig Museum in Germany. Personal Structures developed in the years after. In 2007 and 2008 a symposium series was organised about the concepts time, space and existence.
- Peter Lodermeyer, Karlyn De Jongh & Sarah Gold, Personal Structures: Time Space Existence, DuMont, Germany 2009
- Peter Lodermeyer, Personal Structures "Works and dialogs", GlobalArtAffairs Publishing, New York, 2003
- Peter Lodermeyer (ed.), Personal Structures Symposium Ludwig Museum, GlobalArtAffairs Publishing, New York, 2006
- Article about Personal Structures in Sculpture Magazine USA
- Personal Structures in Art Magazine Balkon Hungary
- Personal Structures in Junge Kunst Magazine Germany
- Art Magazine De Nieuwe The Netherlands
- Cornerhouse Publications United Kingdom
- Ludwig Museum Germany
- GlobalArtAffairs Foundation