Personality and Individual Differences
|Edited by||Donald H. Saklofske|
|ISO 4||Pers. Individ. Differ.|
|NLM||Pers Individ Dif|
Personality and Individual Differences is a peer-reviewed academic journal published 16 times per year by Elsevier. It was established in 1980 and is the official journal of the International Society for the Study of Individual Differences. The editor-in-chief is Donald Saklofske. Previous editors include Philip A. Vernon and Sybil B. G. Eysenck. The founding editor was Hans Jürgen Eysenck.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2015 impact factor of 1.946, ranking it in the top 15 of over 60 journals in the category "Psychology, Social". As of 2020, it had an h5-index of 70, placing it second among journals which have the word "personality" in their titles.
The journal covers individual differences, broadly conceived, with articles on social psychology, processes, personality, intelligence, specific facets of human nature such as creativity, and aggression as well as clinical, economic and HR applications. Articles often use techniques such as structural equation modeling and psychometric analysis of scales, or behavior genetic and evolutionary psychology approaches.
In 1985 the journal published "A revised version of the psychoticism scale", which described the revised version of the Eysenck Personality Questionnaire. This paper has been cited over 1600 times.
On 17 June 2020 Elsevier announced it was retracting a 2012 article that J. Philippe Rushton and Donald Templer had published in Personality and Individual Differences. The article falsely claimed that there was scientific evidence that skin color was related to aggression and sexuality in humans.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Psychology, Social". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- "personality - Google Scholar Metrics". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- Eysenck, Sybil B. G.; Eysenck, Hans Jürgen; Barrett, Paul (1985). "A revised version of the psychoticism scale" (PDF). Personality and Individual Differences. 6 (1): 21–29. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.463.9614. doi:10.1016/0191-8869(85)90026-1. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- citations of Eysenck, Eysenck, and Barrett 1985
- "Personality and Individual Differences Retracts Rushton and Templer Article". Retrieved 19 June 2020.
- "Elsevier journal to retract 2012 paper widely derided as racist". 17 June 2020. Retrieved 19 June 2020.