Personality and Individual Differences
|Edited by||Peter K. Jonason, Julie Aitken Schermer, Aljoscha Neubauer, Michelle Yik and Colin Cooper|
|ISO 4||Pers. Individ. Differ.|
|NLM||Pers Individ Dif|
Personality and Individual Differences is a peer-reviewed academic journal published 16 times per year by Elsevier. It was established in 1980 by Pergamon Press and is the official journal of the International Society for the Study of Individual Differences. The editors-in-chief are Peter K. Jonason, Julie Aitken Schermer, Aljoscha Neubauer, Michelle Yik and Colin Cooper. Previous editors include Donald H. Saklofske, Philip A. Vernon, Gísli Guðjónsson and Sybil B. G. Eysenck. The founding editor was Hans Jürgen Eysenck. The journal covers research about the structure of personality and other forms of individual differences, the processes which cause these individual differences to emerge, and their practical applications.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Social Sciences Citation Index
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2021 impact factor of 3.951.
In 1985 the journal published "A revised version of the psychoticism scale", which described a revised version of the Eysenck Personality Questionnaire. This paper has been cited over 1600 times.
On 17 June 2020 Elsevier announced it was retracting a 2012 article by J. Philippe Rushton and Donald Templer. The article falsely claimed that there was scientific evidence that skin color was related to aggression and sexuality in humans.
- ^ "Personality and Individual Differences". 2021 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Clarivate. 2022.
- ^ Eysenck, Sybil B. G.; Eysenck, Hans Jürgen; Barrett, Paul (1985). "A revised version of the psychoticism scale" (PDF). Personality and Individual Differences. 6 (1): 21–29. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.463.9614. doi:10.1016/0191-8869(85)90026-1.
- ^ citations of Eysenck, Eysenck, and Barrett 1985
- ^ "Personality and Individual Differences Retracts Rushton and Templer Article". Archived from the original on 22 June 2020. Retrieved 22 June 2020.
- ^ "Elsevier journal to retract 2012 paper widely derided as racist". 17 June 2020. Retrieved 19 June 2020.