|Look up perturbation or perturb in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Perturbation or perturb may refer to:
- Perturbation theory, mathematical methods that give approximate solutions to problems that cannot be solved exactly
- Perturbation (geology), changes in the nature of alluvial deposits over time
- Perturbation (astronomy), alterations to an object's orbit (e.g., caused by gravitational interactions with other bodies)
- Perturbation theory (quantum mechanics), a set of approximation schemes directly related to mathematical perturbation for describing a complicated quantum system in terms of a simpler one
- Perturbation (biology), an alteration of the function of a biological system, induced by external or internal mechanisms
- Perturbation (transport), operation of a transport system outside of timetable such that delays in arrival and departure from defined locations are present.
- Perturbation function, mathematical function which relates the primal and dual problems.
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Perturbation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.