Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up perturbation or perturb in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Perturbation or perturb may refer to:
- Perturbation theory, mathematical methods that give approximate solutions to problems that cannot be solved exactly
- Perturbation (geology), changes in the nature of alluvial deposits over time
- Perturbation (astronomy), alterations to an object's orbit (e.g., caused by gravitational interactions with other bodies)
- Perturbation theory (quantum mechanics), a set of approximation schemes directly related to mathematical perturbation for describing a complicated quantum system in terms of a simpler one
- Perturbation (biology), an alteration of the function of a biological system, induced by external or internal mechanisms
- Perturbation function, mathematical function which relates the primal and dual problems
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Perturbation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.