|Born||November 27, 1921|
|Died||September 24, 1998(aged 76)|
|Occupation||Businessman, second president of Ultrapar|
|Relatives||Daisy Igel (sister)|
Igel was the administrator and second president of Ultra. He took over the company created by his father, Ernesto Igel, in 1959. After two years as president, Igel moved the headquarters from Rio de Janeiro to São Paulo, Brazil. Under Pery’s administration, Oxiteno and Ultracargo were founded, two of the five divisions of Ultra, along with Ultragaz (first division of Ultra), as well as Ipiranga and Extrafarma, which were incorporated to the group respectively in 2007 and 2014.
Under his administration, the company created and also dissociated a number of other activities that have stopped being related to Ultra's long-term strategy, such as a domestic appliances retailer (Ultralar), an engineering company (Ultratec), a frozen food organization (Supergel,) and the fertilizer industry (Ultrafértil.)
Igel stepped down as CEO in 1981 and appointed Vice President Paulo Cunha to the position. Igel became president of the Ultra's Board of Directors and remained its main shareholder. Após deixar a presidência executiva, Pery seguiu como presidente do Conselho Administrativo do Ultra e seu principal acionista.
- "História". Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Com acordo de acionista prorrogado,Ultra planejará seu futuro dos próximos dois anos". Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Ultrapar em 2012" (PDF). Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "País perde um de seus maiores empresários". Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Pacífico Ações" (PDF). Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Sucessão empresarial: como manter o negócios nas próximas gerações". Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Igel faz madeira plástica com reciclados". Retrieved June 2, 2015.
|This Brazilian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|