Pete Cornish is a British designer of electric guitar effects and other electronic musical instruments. He is mainly noted for his elaborate fully custom guitar pedalboard systems. He has worked for Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd's David Gilmour, The Who's Pete Townshend, Lou Reed, Tony Iommi, Brian May, Mark Knopfler (as well directing some Dire Straits videos), The Police's Andy Summers, and many others.
Pete's basic training was in workshop technology and here he learned to torture-test equipment to determine its suitability for field use.
- Tolinski, Brad (September 1994). "Welcome to the Machines". Guitar World. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2011-07-29.
- Andy Summers Equipments The Unofficial Andy Summers Website
- A chronologically collated list of Cornish's clients is available at his official website
- Barry Cleveland (2008-05-01). "Chairmen of the Boards". Guitar Player. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- Ross, Michael (1998). Getting great guitar sounds. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 59.
- The Boss Book: The Ultimate Guide To The World's Most Popular Compact Effects for Guitar. Hal Leonard Corporation. 2002. p. 101.
- Bruck, Matt (2005). Guitar World Presents Guitar Gear 411. Alfred Publishing. p. 71.
|This UK musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|