This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter Catalanotto (born 1959) is an American book illustrator.
Peter Catalanotto was born in March 1959 in Brooklyn, NY, and grew up in East Northport, Long Island, where he attended Elwood-John Glenn High School. Educated at the Pratt Institute, Peter's career as an illustrator began in the 1980s, painting jackets for young adult books and illustrating for newspapers and magazines. In 1987 he was asked to illustrate All I See by Cynthia Rylant. Peter then went on to write several picture books, the first being Dylan's Day Out, published in 1989. He has since published over 45 books, 16 of which he also wrote, including Matthew A.B.C. (2005), Emily's Art (2006), Ivan the Terrier (2007), Question Boy Meets Little Miss Know-It-All (2012), Monkey & Robot (2013) and More of Monkey & Robot (2014). Peter teaches a children's book writing course at Columbia University and in 2008, the First Lady, Laura Bush, commissioned him to illustrate the White House holiday brochure.
Written and Illustrated by Catalanotto
- Dylan's Day Out (1989)
- The Painter (1999)
- Daisy 1, 2, 3 (2003)
- Kitten Red, Yellow, Blue (2005)
- Matthew A.B.C. (2005)
- Emily's Art (2006)
- Ivan the Terrier (2007)
- Question Boy Meets Little Miss Know-It-All (2012)
- Monkey & Robot (2013)
- More of Monkey & Robot (2014)
Second Grade Friends Series, written by Catalanotto and Pamela Schembri, illustrated by Catalanotto
- The Secret Lunch Special (2006)
- No More Pumpkins (2007)
- The Veterans Day Visitor (2008)
Illustrated by Catalanotto
- All I See by Cynthia Rylant (1987)
- We Wanted You by Liz Rosenberg (2002)
- Happy Birthday, America by Mary Pope Osborne (2003)
- Stayer, L (2007). "Catalanotto, Peter". The Pennsylvania Center for the Book. Retrieved 21 February 2010.
- Children's Literature Independent Information and Reviews: Peter Catalanotto retrieved 21 February 2010