Peter Gentsch, 2017
|Born||May 24, 1968|
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
After his doctorate at the WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management (WHU), Peter Gentsch was from 2002–2004 Professor at the Technical University of Cologne (TH Cologne). Since 2004 Peter Gentsch has held the professorship for International Business Administration with a focus on digital management and data science at the Technical and Economic University of Applied Sciences (HTW) in Aalen. In addition, he works as a docent and reviewer at the University of St. Gallen and at the WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management. Gentsch is the author of several publications, and a seminar and keynote speaker on the subjects of CRM, social media, business intelligence, digital transformation and innovation management.
In 2002, Peter Gentsch founded B.I.G. – Business Intelligence Group in Berlin which now supports various companies (ConversionBoosting, intelliAd, etc.) as a shareholder and investor. In 2006 he took over TextTech GmbH, which he developed from a research-oriented organisation into a company established on the market. In 2012 the stock-exchange-registered USU Software AG acquired B.I.G. Social Media GmbH, founded by Peter Gentsch, which continues to operate as an independent unit after the takeover.
In 2000, Peter Gentsch founded the Social Media Excellence-Circle (SME). This initiative currently has over 400 members from 180 companies. The initiative has set itself the aim of together finding practice-derived solutions for core themes and problems relating to Social Media.
In addition, Peter Gentsch is the co-initiator of the Chief Digital Officer-Club (CDO), and of the Institute for Customer Experience Management i-CEM. From 2000 to 2008, Peter Gentsch was a member of the jury of the Data Mining Cup.
Peter Gentsch’s main focus is on the planning, conception and realisation of holistic digital, e-business and e-business intelligence concepts. This also includes the use of Big Data infrastructures, Data Mining, advanced analytics, predictive analytics and Customer Journey management and xIntelligence: multi-channel analytics. Within these subject fields, Gentsch looks after, among others: Audi, BMW, Bosch, Coca-Cola, Daimler, Deutsche Lufthansa, eBay, ERGO Group, FC Bayern München, Fraport, Google, Microsoft, MLP, Nintendo, O2, Volkswagen.
- German Market Research Innovation Award: In 2010, Peter Gentsch, together with Lufthansa, won the German Market Research Innovation Award. The study Insight Mining – Modern Data Management Based on Text Mining Technology deals with the efficient handling of the multitude of information sources with which in-house market researchers are confronted on a daily basis.
- Digital Communication Award: In 2011, Gentsch, together with Deutsche Post/DHL, won the international Digital Communication Award in the category “Digital Monitoring and Evaluation”.
- German Award for Online Communication: In 2014, Peter Gentsch, together with Deutsche Post/DHL, won the German Award for Online Communication in the category “Internal Online Communication”.
- Wissen managen mit innovativer Informationstechnologie – Strategien – Werkzeuge – Praxisbeispiele [Managing Knowledge with Innovative Information Technology – Strategies – Tools – Practical Examples] (in German). Wiesbaden: Gabler. 1999. ISBN 3-409-19016-3.
- Business Intelligence: aus Informationen Wettbewerbsvorteile gewinnen [Business Intelligence: Gaining Competitive Advantages from Information] (in German). Munich: Addison-Wesley. 2000. ISBN 3-8273-1591-3.
- Innovationsmanagement: Handbuch für mittelständische Betriebe [Innovation Management: Manual for Small to Medium-Sized Companies] (in German). Neuwied: Luchterhand. 2000.
- Wissenserwerb in Innovationsprozessen: Methoden und Fallbeispiele für die informationstechnologische Unterstützung [Knowledge Acquisition in Innovation Processes: Methods and Case Examples of Information Technology Support] (in German). Wiesbaden. 2001. ISBN 3-8244-7391-7.
- Praxishandbuch Portalmanagement: Profitable Strategien für Internetportale [Practical Manual of Portal Management: Profitable Strategies for Internet Portals] (in German). Wiesbaden: Gabler. 2004. ISBN 3-409-12454-3.
- Brian Solis, Tag: Dr. Peter Gentsch, read May 24th, 2017
- LinkedIn Profile Peter Gentsch, read May 24, 2017
- Crunchbase: Prof. Dr. Peter Gentsch, read May 24th, 2017
- University of Applied Sciences Aalen Profile Prof. Dr. rer. pol. Peter Gentsch, German website, read May 24th, 2017
- Overview of publications, Peter Gentsch, German website, read May 24, 2017
- How to implement a social media strategy by Peter Gentsch, read May 24, 2017
- Speech: Social Media – More that just another channel! by Peter Gentsch, YouTube Video, seen May 24, 2017
- Company Profile Intelligence Group GmbH, German website, read May 24, 2017
- Speech: Corporate Social Media Management Business Intelligence Group founder Peter Gentsch, YouTube Video, seen May 24, 2017
- USU takes over B.I.G. in silicon.de, 2012, German website, read May 24, 2017
- Company profile USU AG, German website, read May 24, 2017
- USU AG acquires B.I.G. Social Media GmbH, read May 24, 2017
- Company profile B.I.G. Social Media GmbH, German website, read May 24th, 2017
- Company profile DATAlovers AG, German website, read May 24, 2017
- Company profile Digital Transformation Group, German website, read May 24, 2017
- Emeram Capital Partners GmbH, Press release, October 5, 2017, read May 24, 2017
- Company Profile Social Media Excellence Circle, German website, read May 24, 2017
- Chief Digital Officer-Club, German website, read May 24, 2017
- German article: "Big Data: Die Phantasielücke kleiner machen.", in marketing-on-tour.de, 2016, German website, read May 24th, 2017
- German article: "Data Mining- Tools – Eine neue Ära für das Data Mining.", in competence-site.de, 2006, German website, read May 24th, 2017
- German interview with Peter Gentsch, German website, read May 24, 2017
- German Market Research Innovation Award 2010 in BVN Inbrief August 2010, in German, read May 24, 2017
- Overview Winner Digital Communication Awards 2011 Archived 2016-10-07 at the Wayback Machine., in German, read May 24, 2017
- Overview Winner German Online Kommunikationspreis 2014, German website, read May 24, 2017