Peter Kajlinger (born 2 December 1964) is a Swedish operatic baritone. Kajlinger grew up in a family of musicians. He made his debut in La bohème at the Royal Swedish Opera in Stockholm at the age of 11.
He entered the College of Opera in Stockholm in 1989 and performed as Moralés (Carmen) and Leporello (Don Giovanni) at the Royal Swedish Opera. Upon graduation in 1992, he sang the role of Falstaff by Salieri at Drottningholm Palace Theatre. Pamela Rosenberg, then casting director of Staatsoper Stuttgart, noticed his performances as Leporello and Figaro and invited him to join the company. At Staatsoper Stuttgart, he sang more than twenty roles!
He performed as Figaro at GöteborgsOperan in 2000. He became a freelance singer in 2003 with recitals as Masetto (Don Giovanni), Michelotto (Die Gezeichneten), Antonio (Le Nozze di Figaro) at Staatsoper Stuttgart and as Don Carlo (La Forza del Destino) at Södertäljeoperan. Kajlinger originated the role of Mr. Verloc in Simon Wills' opera, The Secret Agent, in 2006 at Feldkircher Musikfestival.
He portrayed as Amonasro (Aida) in 2007 and as Major Domo in Tjajkovskij's Pique Dame at Oper der Stadt Bonn. He performed as Scarpi (Tosca) in 2008 and as Rigoletto at Värmlandsoperan in 2009. He was Marcello (La Bohème) at Opera på Skäret in 2010.
- Jan-Åke Hillerud: Slaget om Dungen
- Luigi Nono: Al gran sole carico d'amore
- Staffan Odenhall: Purpurbit
- Christina, 1988, Directed by Göran Järvefelt
- Brüggemann, Axel, Stuttgart entdeckt „Masaniello furioso“, Die Welt, 12 February 2001 (in German)
- Dahlberg, Mats, Tysk trio skapar banbrytande Verdiopera i Karlstad, Nya Wermlands-Tidningen, 23 October 2009 (in Swedish)
- Värmlandsoperans (Värmland Opera), Biography: Peter Kajlinger, (in Swedish)
|This article about a Swedish opera singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|