This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Knecht eventually moved to the defense side of the law, primarily through his affiliation with the law practice of Harry Weiss.
Knecht appeared as a television analyst and consultant on criminal justice for major news outlets, including national CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX broadcasts, and locally for KCAL-TV-Channel 9 and KCOP-TV-Channel 13. He also appeared on Celebrity Justice and on CNN. His major cases have been featured on morning talk shows like The Today Show and Good Morning America.
- Noble, Kenneth B. (September 21, 1994). "State Calls Simpson's Ex-Wife Sole Target". New York Times. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- "Rock Star David Crosby sentenced". The Daily Telegraph. September 22, 1982. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- "Jason Priestly". Lodi News-Sentinel. July 26, 2001. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- Toobin, Jeffrey (1997). The run of his life: the people v. O.J. Simpson. Simon & Schuster. pp. 161–163. ISBN 978-0-684-84278-3. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- "Defense Attorney Peter Knecht, Who Boasted Celeb Clients, Loses Battle With Cancer". Variety. Retrieved October 4, 2014.