Peter Lane, Baron Lane of Horsell
He was chairman of the executive of the National Union of the Conservative Party from 1986 and 1991 and had previously chaired the traumatic party conference in 1983 during which Cecil Parkinson resigned after his affair with Sara Keays had become public.
Sinister: a Strawberry Road horse proper, maned and hooved Or, its head elevated and reguardant holding in its jaws a Double-Warded Key bow downwards Gold. The whole upon a Compartment consisting of a Grassy Mount raised on each side and growing therefrom two Sprigs of Oak each fructed of an Acorn Gold.
- Rugg, David (12 January 2009). "More Announcements". Telegraph: Share & Markets. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- "Death of life Peer". Parliamentary News. UK Parliament. 13 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- Lundy, Darryl (22 May 2006). "Person Page 19151". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- "Lane of Horsell". Burke's Peerage. Burke's Peerage & Gentry and The Origins Network. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- Daily Telegraph obituary, 1 February 2009 
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|