Peter North (actor)
North attending the Exxxotica Adult Entertainment Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center on July 10, 2010.
11 May 1957
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st)|
|No. of adult films||2588 as actor
13 as director
Peter North (born Alden Joseph Brown on 11 May 1957) is a Canadian pornographic actor, director, dancer and producer.
In a 1996 interview published in North's hometown newspaper, the Halifax Chronicle-Herald, he stated that he was "discovered" while modeling athletic wear at a private party in Los Angeles in the early 1980s. A man within the adult film industry, whom North did not name, attended the party, was impressed by North's physique and gave him his business card.
North states that he entered the adult film business "by accident" in the spring of 1984. Initially, North performed in gay pornography under the name Matt Ramsey. As Matt Ramsey, he starred in about 20 gay porn movies, making nine in 1984. He performed both roles in The Bigger The Better (Matt Sterling, 1984); one of Adult Video News' 10 Great Gay Movies, He later transitioned to straight pornography.
North has appeared in over 2000 adult films and also directed more than 70 movies (notably, his North Pole and Anal Addicts series), most of them between 1998 and 2007. He also produced over 20 movies, including 15 in the North Pole series. In 2001, he successfully launched his own production company, Northstar Associates.
According to North's official website, he chose his stage name because "Your penis is also referred to as your Peter and when you are erect, it faces North. Plus, I am from the North."
Achievements, scandals and legacy
North became involved in the U.S. government's 1986 investigation of Traci Lords' underage involvement in the industry. Lords was underage when she made most of her movies, including several sex scenes with North. The government eventually dropped the investigation. In a 1996 interview in Details magazine, North commented on his involvement in the scandal by saying: "Traci Lords didn't do much for me. She reeked sex, looked good and young. But I didn't know that she was that young. When the scandal broke, I thought it was a lot of baloney on her part. She knew what she was doing and she deceived a lot of people. She was sexually aggressive off camera to many people, so the whole 'innocence corrupted' scenario she came up with was a total farce."
In 1994, North had a book published, a guide to meeting and bedding beautiful women entitled Penetrating Insights.
Veteran pornographic actress Christy Canyon confirmed a long-standing rumor in her 2003 autobiography Lights, Camera, SEX!, revealing that North does not like to have his hair touched during a scene, stating that it causes him to lose his concentration.
Kenny Gallo incident
In his memoir, Breakshot: A Life in the 21st Century American Mafia, Kenny Gallo recounts an altercation with North, which arose from North having starred as a bottom in homosexual pornographic films. Gallo contended that North was very sensitive about that particular period of his life and wished to keep it secret. Gallo claimed he had received threatening phone calls from North in which he had said Gallo "would pay" if he spread the information further. Gallo then set up a meeting with North in person to discuss the matter further. Gallo brought some back-up in the form a "tattooed Nazi drug dealer" named "Speedy". Gallo and Speedy met up with North and threatened North with grievous bodily harm to his face and genitals. Gallo claims that, in the heat of the moment, he reached in his pocket for a knife but was stopped by Speedy before using it.
In 2004, North was featured in a book and film project, Thinking XXX by photographer Timothy Greenfield-Sanders who took photographs of 30 stars of adult movies, each pair of photographs in the same pose, clothed and nude. The film of the same name, which was made for HBO, chronicled Greenfield-Sanders' photography of his subjects, and includes interviews with them.
North's family is Catholic and unaware of his profession. North shares the same real life last name (Brown) with fellow pornographic actress P.J. Sparxx, with whom he shared a "brother-sister type of relationship" during their professional career.
- 1990 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1991 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1992 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1998 AVN Best Group Scene - Video for Gluteus to the Maximus
- Peter North's Official Bio
- MySpace.com - Peter North
- "Straight Guy for the Queer Eye: Porn Sites featuring heteroguys are the hottest thing in gay adult entertainment - but at what cost to the gay community?". business.avn.com. 2006-08-01. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Rusty Nailed: Porn stud Tim Rusty talks about his new site, TimRusty.com, and why "extreme" content is so hot.". business.avn.com. 2006-07-24. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- G. Zisk Rice (2008-01-04). "Bijou Theater Shines Spotlight on Rick Donovan". business.avn.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Cumshot Legend Peter North
- Heath, Chris (September 1996), "Peter North", Details (USA), no. 9
- Amazon.com: Penetrating Insights: Books: Peter North
- Peter North. Pornstar Key Facts - AVN and XRCO Hall of Fame references listed
- Official site of Peter North Stars, the hockey team
- Gallo, Kenny (1990). Breakshot: A Life in the 21st Century American Mafia. Phoenix Books. pp. 336–340. ISBN 978-1597776158.
- Bob Cea (2010). Flipped: A Mobster Tells All (documentary). USA: Killer Bunny Entertainment.
- "Adult Video Awards", CanBest.com. Retrieved January 26, 2007.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Retrieved 2008-01-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter North.|