Peter Waldor is an American poet and insurance executive. He is the author of Door to a Noisy Room (Alice James Books, 2008), The Wilderness Poetry of Wu Xing (Pinyon Publishing, 2013), Who Touches Everything (Settlement House, 2013), and The Unattended Harp (Settlement House, 2015). Who Touches Everything won the National Jewish Book Award for poetry in 2013. Waldor served as the San Miguel County, Colorado poet laureate for 2014 and 2015. Publishers Weekly praised Door to a Noisy Room as being "familial, humane, and loyal to the good people and the simple delights of this world."
Waldor earned his B.A. from Tufts University, and received an undergraduate award from the American Academy of Poets. He earned his M.F.A. from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop, and served as poet-in-residence at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, PA, before beginning his career in the insurance business. Waldor was born in Newark, grew up in South Orange, and currently lives in Short Hills, New Jersey with his wife, Jody Miller, and their three children. He is also a member of the Alice James Books Cooperative Board.
- "Door to a Noisy Room | Alice James Books". alicejamesbooks.org. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "The Wilderness Poetry of Wu Xing". pinyon-publishing.com. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Who Touches Everything". Settlement House. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "The Unattended Harp". Settlement House. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "2013 National Jewish Book Award Winners". www.jewishbookcouncil.org. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "San Miguel County, Colorado - Page 7".
- "Door to a Noisy Room (Paperback) | Read It Again Books". www.read-it-again.com. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "A Short Hills insurance man adjusts to a life of verse | New Jersey Jewish News". njjewishnews.com. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- New Jersey Jewish News > A Short Hills Insurance Man Adjusts to a Life of Verse > by Johanna Ginsberg > December 27, 2007
- Dodge Poetry Festival > Festival Poets > Peter Waldor Bio[permanent dead link]
- Alice James Books > Current Board Members
- Audio: The Cortland Review > January 10, 2010 > “Passing Through a Sleeve” by Peter Waldor
- Audio: The 2River View > 11.2 (Winter 2007) > Peter Waldor Reading Three Poems
- Poems: Mudlark Poster No. 63 (2006) > Five Poems by Peter Waldor
- Poem: The American Poetry Review > Vol. 36, No. 1 > Perfect Islamic Bliss by Peter Waldor
- Author Page: Alice James Books > Peter Waldor Author Page[permanent dead link]