Peter Welsh (footballer, born 1954)
|Full name||Peter James Welsh|
|Date of birth||24 January 1954|
|Date of death||18 July 2008(aged 54)|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||90 kg (198 lb)|
|Position(s)||Back pocket, utility|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1984.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
A utility player who was used mainly in the back pocket, Welsh started his VFL career in 1973 with Hawthorn and played in their 1975 Grand Final loss to North Melbourne. He crossed to Richmond in 1980 and was a member of their side which won the premiership that season. Welsh was on occasions pushed forward and kicked 22 goals in 1981.
- Bartlett, Rhett (19 July 2008). "Mr Peter Welsh". Rhettrospective. Retrieved 19 July 2008.
- "Cancer claims Welsh". The Age. 20 July 2008. Archived from the original on 17 August 2008. Retrieved 20 July 2008.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- Peter Welsh's playing statistics from AFL Tables
- Greenberg, Tony (14 October 2012). "Top 20 Tiger trade pick-ups: No. 14". Richmond Football Club. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|