Peyton, Tunica County, Mississippi
|Elevation||190 ft (58 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||684866|
Once a thriving port on the Mississippi River, Penton today is covered by farmfield, forest, and a portion of the Mississippi Levee. Nothing remains of the original settlement but a church called “Rising Sun Baptist Church”. Where some original members and decedents of original members still attend. They even have a “Coming Home” service every year.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Peyton, Tunica County, Mississippi
- Ensign, Bridgman & Fanning's Lake and River Guide: Being a Traveler's Companion to the Cities, Towns, and Villages on the Western Waters of the United States. Ensign, Bridgman & Fanning. 1856.
- "Museum History". Tunica Museum. Retrieved December 1, 2013.
- "Tunica Timeline". Tunica Convention and Visitors Bureau. Archived from the original on February 7, 2014. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- Map from 1842 showing the location of Payton in Mississippi