Phan Nguyên Hồng
Hồng has been involved in comprehensive scientific research in Vietnam, where war and overdevelopment have had a devastating impact on its mangrove ecosystem. He has made a major contribution to the restoration of the mangrove forests. The Can Gio district, in particular, is an unprecedented example of the successful restoration and conservation of a mangrove forest.
Education and career
- 1956 B.Sc., Hanoi Pedagogic University
- 1964 M.Sc. in Ecology, HUE
- 1970 PhD, Hanoi University of Education
- 1980－1991 Associate Professor of Hanoi University of Education
- 1991－2007 Professor of HNUE
- 1987－1994 Director of the Mangrove Ecosystem Research Centre (MERC),Hanoi University of Education (HUE)
- 1995－2002 Vice Director, Centre for Natural Resources & Environmental Studies (CRES), Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU)
- 2003－2007 Director of the Mangrove Ecosystem Research Centre (MERC),Hanoi University of
- 1997 People Teacher Title by the President of Vietnam
- 2000 Labour Award (1st level) rewarded by the President and Prime Minister of S.R. Vietnam
- 2005 Environment Prize rewarded by Ministry of Natural Resources &Environment.
- 1993 The Mangroves of Vietnam
- 2000 Ecological study of mangrove forest in Can Gio, Ho Chi Minh C City, Vietnam
- 2002 Mangrove Ecosystem in the Red River Coastal Zone –Biodiversity, Ecology, Socio-Economics, Management and Education
- 2006 The role of mangroves and coral reef ecosystems in natural disaster mitigation and coastal life improvement
- Phan Nguyên Hồng: Sinh ngày: 19.7.1935. Quê quán: Xã Đức Vĩnh, huyện Đức Thọ, tỉnh Hà Tĩnh. Một số vị trí công tác: Giám đốc ..
Hanoi National University of Education