Pharmaceutical Association of Mauritius
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Purpose||Support of pharmacists|
The goal of the association "is to meet members' needs, encourage personal and professional growth and provide information about events, issues and continuous education opportunities,, industrial news, and a wide variety of membership activities, and to ensure the well-care of patients".
The Executive Committee of PAM is composed of 11 members who are elected at its Annual General Meeting, and is constituted as follows:
- Vice - President
- Assistant - Secretary
- Assistant - Treasurer
- 5 Members
The pharmacy sector in Mauritius is regulated by two laws: the Pharmacy Act 1985 and the Dangerous Drugs Act 2000. PAM works in close collaboration with the Pharmacy Board of the Mauritius Ministry Of Health and Quality of Life on different matters, such as The National Pharmacovigilence.
- In 2010 the Pharmaceutical Association of Mauritius delayed its celebration of the Commonwealth Pharmacist Day due to the General Elections being held in Mauritius and of the Football World Cup at the same time. The celebrations were finally held on 7 August, under the chairmanship of Mr Sudhir Misri (as PAM President). The chief guest, Mrs Maya Hanoomanjee, the then Honorable Minister of Health, stated in her speech that she agreed to promulgate the Pharmacy Council Bill and to revisit the Pharmacy Act to bring it in line with other countries. The Commonwealth Pharmacists Day is celebrated every year on 16 June around over 40 Commonwealth countries.
- In November 2012, P.A.M, as a founding member of the 'Fédération Pharmaceutique de l’Océan Indien (F.P.O.I) participated actively in the 1st joint F.P.O.I/C.I.P.F* (Congrès International des Pharmaciens Francophones) conference held at the Sofitel Imperial Hotel in Flic-en-Flac. The congress was chaired by Mr Jayesh Rampadarath (as PAM President).
- The Commonwealth Pharmacists Association (CPA)
- The International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
- "About Us". Pharmaceutical Association of Mauritius. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "List of Pharmacists practising in Mauritius". Pharmaceutical Association of Mauritius.org. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Population and Vital Statistics". Statistics Mauritius. 2012. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Pharmacy and other Laws concerning Health". Pharmaceutical Association of Mauritius. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Commonwealth Pharmacists Day" (PDF). commonwealthpharmacy.org.
- "Commonwealth Pharmacists Association". science_technology_and_society.
- "Commonwealth Pharmacy Day". The_Voice_Slu_online.
- "Congrès international des pharmaciens francophones – Faire progresser les connaissances et les échanges". Defimedia.info.
- "Commonwealth Pharmacists Association". Commonwealthpharmacy.org. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "FIP Member Organisations". International Pharmaceutical Federation. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Official website
- Pharmaceutical Association of Mauritius on Facebook
- Mauritius THE DANGEROUS DRUGS ACT 2000
- The Pharmacy Act 1985
- Mauritius Pharmaceutical Country Profile
- 2008 Survey on Medicine Prices, Availability, Affordability and Price Components in the Republic of Mauritius
- Commonwealth Pharmacists Association website
- International Pharmaceutical Federation website
- Ministry Of Health and Quality of Life Mauritius
|This Mauritius-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organization in Africa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|